Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackalot View Post
    It just seems rational to me that MBB is in that "no man's land" situation. No one wants to play ISU because we are good enough to beat any team but not good enough to be a real top contender either. Meaning, that the coaches and staff of the other schools view us as an uncertainty. We can't help them if they beat us and we can really hurt them if we beat them. I doubt it has anything to do with the fans (although, it would certainly help if sold out a game every once in a great while).
    This! Get the attendance up to get better home games.

Starter
    Thanks
    OK -- I've posted similiar ideas before, but I cannot understand how we cannot get home & home contracts with schools like the MAC or the OVC. They are good solid opponents with well known names, but they don't really draw any better than we do so there should not really be the issue "paying" for someone to come into Hulman Center (or if there is we pay them to come to HC -- they pay us the same amount to go to their place the other year --- even steven).
    Bowling Green ..............Miami of Ohio .............Kent State ..............Northern Ill ............ Eastern Michigan etc etc -- there are tons of good solid, mid-major schools around the midwest/Ky -- Tenn area.
    Why is this scheduling thing so difficult ? ? ? The AD's and coaches of all these type of schools face the same problem -- they rarely can afford to "buy" the biggies (Big Ten etc) to come to their place. They all need good home games with schools their fans have at least heard of before. Home and home tie-ins with each other seems so logical.
    ISU should have a Home game with one of those schools every year as well as an Away game with another one each year.
    Yes this is similiar to what the MVC had that got us the New Mexico game this year, but it doesn't have to be a formal MVC vs MAC Challenge -- it just seems to be a logical solution to a problem just about every mid-major has with scheduling.
    Duhhhhhhhh .......................... ? ? ? ? ?

Thanks
    By the numbers, last season before January 1, we played 12 game (6A, 6H). The "tentative" schedule shown for this season has 11 games to this point (8A, 3H). Since we no longer have a BB game or the MVC-MWC Challenge, and if I am doing the correct math, that might indicate that we STILL have room for 3 more home games. My guess is that the athletic department is still shopping and we'll have to wait until they announce the final version. I sure hope that is true because this tentative one is not fan friendly, especially for the students.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 872 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally #46 View Post
    By the numbers, last season before January 1, we played 12 game (6A, 6H). The "tentative" schedule shown for this season has 11 games to this point (8A, 3H). Since we no longer have a BB game or the MVC-MWC Challenge, and if I am doing the correct math, that might indicate that we STILL have room for 3 more home games. My guess is that the athletic department is still shopping and we'll have to wait until they announce the final version. I sure hope that is true because this tentative one is not fan friendly, especially for the students.
    I've been told we're done. The only other game to be added is a home game against Truman State. Not sure if it is exhibition or not. If not, you'd also have a home exhibition game.

I'll say this and it may piss some of you off. Enough with the excuses. The school is better off playing games on the road and getting the exposure or possible guarantees over playing home games since people come up with excuse after fucking excuse on why they can't attend. Want more home games? Pack the games they do have. EVEN. IF. IT. IS. DIVXISIIVIXISIS Southwest College of Modern Art and Physical Education. Not their A team, either. The B squad. Period. PERIOD.

I don't give a shit if it is on the 7th Tuesday in Apritemberune... show up with 20 of your friends. Students, put down the beer and show up in numbers. Holiday? Tough shit. There is a home game so be there... bring your family... it's cheap as shit! Until the numbers go up where the costs offset the exposure opportunity cost or income, schedule 'em all on the road except for mandatory league games.
    Last edited by Jason Svoboda; 06-18-2013 at 12:23 PM.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    I don't give a shit if it is on the 7th Tuesday in Apritemberune...
    Sorry man, every Apritemberune the 7th I have a marathon hair washing session...so I can't be there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudNProud View Post
    Sorry man, every Apritemberune the 7th I have a marathon hair washing session...so I can't be there.
    I have to paint my mailbox, but depending on how quick I can get it done, I will be there.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluethunder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    We could have an "rpi buster" home schedule like this one that will be playing in Peoria..................

http://www.bradleybraves.com/SportSe...98&SPSID=19332

Thanks
    wow, and we think our home sked sucks!

Thanks
    You guys are joking, right? They've got a MAC team, we've got a MAC team, they've got IUPUI, we've got IUPUI, they've got a Big East team at home, we don't.

Yes, the likes of Chicago State and Jack State and Ala State are not ideal, but at least they're able to schedule teams in Peoria.
    Sycamores have Bark with Bite.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Quabachi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I was wondering the same thing, Chief. They (Bradley) obviously have money to "buy" games and we do not. Bottom line, they win all of those and they will be rated. We don't have that luxury. We lose any of those THREE home games we have and we are screwed. I'd take that schedule anytime. My guess is that Greg would kill to have a schedule like that.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bally #47 For This Useful Post: