Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Attendance Incentive Ideas

Register to remove this advertisement
    We all know that incentives have been promoted for increasing attendance at Sycamores home contests. Ideas have been mentioned first on one thread and then on another. I would like to see all of those ideas in one place so that our creative thoughts might feed off of each other and come up with at least a few workable ideas.

It seems to me that we are working with at least 2 different target groups, the students on campus being one, and alumni and friends of ISU living off campus, no matter whether living in or out of the Terre Haute area being the second.

I suggest some kind of scanner system to determine eligibility for incentives. Fans in both groups must have an ID or ticket scanned upon entry to the event and must be scanned in before the start of the contest. Fans must be present to win. This would, I believe, eliminate those who might come, get scanned and leave. Drawing or computer generated winning numbers would be announced near the end of the contest.

OK--let's generate incentives!
    :sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:
    Last edited by Sycamore Proud; 07-02-2010 at 07:10 PM.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Senior Moderator
    Thanks
    Many schools post an honor roll at the end of the season for season ticket holders who attended every game. That might be an easy low budget thing to start out. Maybe if you attend each game (or someone uses your ticket) you get a discount on next season's ticket package?

Thanks
    I think you need to include a third group and thats the individuals who have no ties to the school other than being a fan of the school. Not everyone who attends these games has ties to the school. From what people say on these threads there is a need for the citizens of Terre Haute to support this school . I dont disagree at all but how do you build that support when you treat this group as 2nd class citizens ? I mean Really if you want Terre Haute to support things you need to include them so they feel a sense of Ownership . Afterall they will still be around long after these students are gone.

Thanks
    Since this was my crazy idea, I'll start with:

STUDENTS

Fast food restaurants--free fries and drink with purchase of sandwich,
    no reason not to do this for several or all students.
    Pizza with your favorite player on the team, provided by restaurant.
    Dinner with the coach, provided by restaurant.
    Dinner with President and Mrs. Bradly, provided by restaurant.
    One free text book provided by the bookstore.
    2 court side seats for next game, provided by Hulman Center.
    ISU gear, provided by bookstore.
    ISU gear, provided by Universitees.

ALUMNI AND FRIENDS OF ISU

2 court side seats for a game, provided by Hulman Center.
    Dinner with President and Mrs. Bradley, provided by restaurant.
    Dinner with the coach, provided by the restaurant.
    Free lodging for a future contest, provided by area hotels.
    Dinner with Mr. Prettyman, provided by restaurant.
    Free meal for 2, provided by restaurant.

I know many of you have larger scale things in mind for organizations--please list them too. I simply focused on more individual type incentives. I know that many of these ideas require cooperation of others--it never hurts to ask.

Let the ideas flow!
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveinth View Post
    I think you need to include a third group and thats the individuals who have no ties to the school other than being a fan of the school. Not everyone who attends these games has ties to the school. From what people say on these threads there is a need for the citizens of Terre Haute to support this school . I dont disagree at all but how do you build that support when you treat this group as 2nd class citizens ? I mean Really if you want Terre Haute to support things you need to include them so they feel a sense of Ownership . Afterall they will still be around long after these students are gone.
    I included those valuable people in the friends of ISU category--is that not appropriate?
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xfactor9600 View Post
    Many schools post an honor roll at the end of the season for season ticket holders who attended every game. That might be an easy low budget thing to start out. Maybe if you attend each game (or someone uses your ticket) you get a discount on next season's ticket package?
    I like that!
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore Proud View Post
    We all know that incentives have been promoted for increasing attendance at Sycamores home contests. Ideas have been mentioned first on one thread and then on another. I would like to see all of those ideas in one place so that our creative thoughts might feed off of each other and come up with at least a few workable ideas.

It seems to me that we are working with at least 2 different target groups, the students on campus being one, and alumni and friends of ISU living off campus, maybe not in the Terre Haute area being the second. I suggest some kind of scanner system to determine eligibility for incentives. Fans in both groups must have an ID or ticket scanned upon entry to the event and must be scanned in before the start of the contest. Fans must be present to win. This would, I believe, eliminate those who might come, get scanned and leave. Drawing or computer generated winning numbers would be announced near the end of the contest.

OK--let's generate incentives!
    :sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:
    I read this as saying people outside of Terre Haute If i was wrong I apologize

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveinth View Post
    I read this as saying people outside of Terre Haute If i was wrong I apologize
    You may be correct--I reworded it slightly. I still have just 2 groups, students and non-students. I want to keep it simple, but maybe more classifications are needed. Your opinions?
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore Proud View Post
    Since this was my crazy idea, I'll start with:

STUDENTS

Fast food restaurants--free fries and drink with purchase of sandwich,
    no reason not to do this for several or all students.
    Pizza with your favorite player on the team, provided by restaurant.
    Dinner with the coach, provided by restaurant.
    Dinner with President and Mrs. Bradly, provided by restaurant.
    One free text book provided by the bookstore.
    2 court side seats for next game, provided by Hulman Center.

ALUMNI AND FRIENDS OF ISU

2 court side seats for a game, provided by Hulman Center.
    Dinner with President and Mrs. Bradley, provided by restaurant.
    Dinner with the coach, provided by the restaurant.
    Free lodging for a future contest, provided by area hotels.
    Dinner with Mr. Prettyman, provided by restaurant.
    Free meal for 2, provided by restaurant.

I know many of you have larger scale things in mind for organizations--please list them too. I simply focused on more individual type incentives. I know that many of these ideas require cooperation of others--it never hurts to ask.

Let the ideas flow!
    Dependent upon where you would have it (on campus or off) might dictate due to contractual obligation what "food" company could serve food. Sodexho essentially has a monopoly on food on campus. Not trying to throw a wrench in the idea, just pointing it out.

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackalot View Post
    Dependent upon where you would have it (on campus or off) might dictate due to contractual obligation what "food" company could serve food. Sodexho essentially has a monopoly on food on campus. Not trying to throw a wrench in the idea, just pointing it out.
    Good point. Hopefully the parties involved could meet at the sponsoring restaurant--Applebees, Red Lobster,etc.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!