'22 IL PF Robbie Avila (Transferred to $aint Loui$)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Nobody is falling for the hype. We all know it’s Saint Louis. But if for some reason it’s not we should take over the Saint Louis Message Board like they tried to do to us.

He was never leaving the guy that made him the center of his offense and coaching identity.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
It was all related to Robbie marketing himself. The more buzz he creates the more endorsements he has coming his way.

I don’t have anything against these guys I’m not going to cheer for them to fail or succeed. If they do good - awesome. If they suck - sorry.

I just don’t see any reason we should promote or discuss players that don’t want to be here no matter the reason.

I feel like we’d be better served as a fan base and community supporting, talking about the players that do want to be here. You know all those God damn t-shirts that didn’t have the face of Daughtry, Vorst and Gray?! Those guys are still here… All of the guys we celebrated - gone. Let’s react accordingly.

And to these players that “love Terre Haute and Indiana State” in the words of your coach the love is not reciprocated. You can’t have both your money and school of choice and mutual admiration. I’m sorry, it doesn’t work that way in any world that any of us live in 365 days a year. Thanks for your time here - enjoyed the ride. But the love ended when you left before you graduated.

I agree. But I guarantee you someone on here will update us every game next year on how every transfer is doing.

Why? Who knows. Who? Don’t know that either.

But it will happen

I agree. But I guarantee you someone on here will update us every game next year on how every transfer is doing.

Why? Who knows. Who? Don’t know that either.

But it will happen

It happened with LaRavia it happened with Key. It’s not completely new to us… We’ve been here before with really good players.

Says more about the people posting those updates than the people reading them. I could expand on that point but you can let your imaginations run wild and decide for yourself what it says about people/“fans”/alumni like that. I don’t have enough time and energy to articulate it any further.

With that being said… As the kids like to say these days, thanks for your service but you’re not a Sycamore anymore and never will be. It’s the life we live. Good luck in the real world when basketball is over.

And to these players that “love Terre Haute and Indiana State” in the words of your coach the love is not reciprocated. You can’t have both your money and school of choice and mutual admiration. I’m sorry, it doesn’t work that way in any world that any of us live in 365 days a year. Thanks for your time here - enjoyed the ride. But the love ended when you left before you graduated.

Honestly, I wish this piece would stop. Don't say it because it's disingenuous lip service. You "love" these things as much as you loved your first girlfriend from elementary school. The difference is the folks that hear this actually do so it will make them feel a type of way when they realize that you were full of shit.

There are plenty of other basketball cliches you can hang your hat on.

Honestly, I wish this piece would stop. Don't say it because it's disingenuous lip service. You "love" these things as much as you loved your first girlfriend from elementary school. The difference is the folks that hear this actually do so it will make them feel a type of way when they realize that you were full of shit.

There are plenty of other basketball cliches you can hang your hat on.

TikTok era… They ain’t got a fucking clue what it means to love a school and love the letters on your chest. I will give Larry and only Larry the benefit of the doubt in this situation. The rest of them - no thanks.

For 98% of us here - we love Indiana State and only Indiana Stat to our core. So telling the world you love TH and InState while you walk away is an even bigger slap in the face than leaving in the first place. Make the madness stop - just say people and place don’t matter and money does. I will celebrate your honesty.

We've reached the era of college basketball where teams at our level are going to be relying heavily on one- to two-year contract free agents. Putting it in pro sports terms because that's what it's more comparable to now. For better and worse it's no longer the world of amateur sports we've known all these years. D1 college basketball is like a semi-pro league for people under the age of 25 and we're the independent double or triple A-level farm team. That's the best way to look at it because that's the reality of it. Everyone we sign is basically on a one-year contract. Love them for the season at hand and then if they play well, expect to say goodbye.

We've reached the era of college basketball where teams at our level are going to be relying heavily on one- to two-year contract free agents. Putting it in pro sports terms because that's what it's more comparable to now. For better and worse it's no longer the world of amateur sports we've known all these years. D1 college basketball is like a semi-pro league for people under the age of 25 and we're the independent double or triple A-level farm team. That's the best way to look at it because that's the reality of it. Everyone we sign is basically on a one-year contract. Love them for the season at hand and then if they play well, expect to say goodbye.

I wholeheartedly agree with this take. I’m just saying enjoy them while they are here - but celebrate them or follow them when they leave? It’s not for me.

In this day and age my take is probably way too old school - I’d be better served to just adapt to the times and accept it for what it is.

I just can’t… The way I see it, as a fan anyway fight it to the bitter end or walk away completely. My only two choices.

I wholeheartedly agree with this take. I’m just saying enjoy them while they are here - but celebrate them or follow them when they leave? It’s not for me.

In this day and age my take is probably way too old school - I’d be better served to just adapt to the times and accept it for what it is.

I just can’t… The way I see it, as a fan anyway fight it to the bitter end or walk away completely. My only two choices.
I'm not saying I like it, just framing it in a way that makes sense. We have more in common with minor league baseball fans now in terms of how invested we get in our players.

As I have stated before if you transfer out thank you for your service but goodbye and won’t speak your name again. Only exception for me is if they graduate with an Indiana State degree and that will be Ju and Kent.

Back