Fudōtokuna: $chertz to $LU

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
IF this is true it would go a long way towards rewriting her legacy.
Absolutely! I've called her out for all her wrong doings, and apparently for some that weren't hers....but if she really is trying it will vastly improve my opinion of her. I wish it would have started sooner, but perhaps it will be enough anyway!

Heard today Deborah Curtis has been putting up a valiant effort to keep Coach Schertz. This person implored me to reevaluate my opinion of her.
I will never reevaluate my opinion of her. She's made this much harder than it had to be. I guarantee that one of the reasons HCJS has had reservations is because of her and the disaster she has left behind across campus. She should not be trusted.

No news, just Coach Schertz storytelling.

No sugar coating, no gushy narrative, no fanboy crushing

Just a guy writing about Josh Schertz

Studying journalism took away fandom. I’m here for the stories this one is captivating but Josh is still just another man God brought into my life: https://t.co/huPwkmYsq4

We can't afford to have that mindset though in this new era. You have to go big and strike while the iron is hot. Think about what one more season of this level of exposure does for our program. It builds sustainable fan interest, more eyes from recruits (players and coaches), more national recognition for the school. We don't even have to win it all to achieve much of that. This season alone puts the program in a much better position that it was when we hired Schertz. Another year of it potentially improves our situation all that much more.

Go big??...Hey...I'm over the moon about this team...but I also remember two straight NCAA teams we had...even won a game.....and what happened the next year??.oh, that's right...special players like Renn and Menser were gone...and we're back to being a typical mid major....so what did Indiana State do wrong..??.....Waltman was still the Coach....

Sustainability is extremely tough at the mid-major level...and NIL is going to make it even tougher.

I have this weird feeling he’s going to stay. The longer this goes the better. But if he was super worried about his money and NIL funds he would’ve jumped all over louisville. 3.5 is 1.2 more than St. Louis has allegedly offered. We are donating more and packing out the hulman center. I think he is starting to realize he won’t get that in STL. Considering they play second fiddle to all of the pro teams

Let's be honest....the fact that SLU is not being talked about with any other coach is concerning. They obviously believe he is coming.
Loooonnng time to wait if you don't already have your guy. Still, we can all hope....

"hope is a good thing...maybe the best of things. And, no good thing ever dies".

Let's be honest....the fact that SLU is not being talked about with any other coach is concerning. They obviously believe he is coming.
JMV alluded to this a couple of days ago on this show when he was talking about our win over Cincinnati.

Concerning for them maybe…they are 100% waiting on JS final decision. I’m sure they have a few back up plans in place and they should…

I'm sure they have something in place with him, because in this game you can't wait 2 weeks for a decision.
Has ISU been talking to other coaches? I know we have the thread for that. But have they actually talked to anyone? Because if we haven’t we aren’t in the game then

I'm sure they have something in place with him, because in this game you can't wait 2 weeks for a decision.

Yep, there is no doubt an understanding of some sort.

At the same time, he gave Indiana State a list of things that could get him to stay and I believe they've committed to each one. The only thing I keep hearing that needs solved is the NIL funding.

Back