Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,536 Times in 3,319 Posts

'12 VA WR Mack Hollins (Offer)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Wide Receiver
    Fork Union (VA) Fork Union Military Academy

Ht: 6'3"
    Wt: 195 lbs

Thanks
    Kid posted on Twitter that he was offered by Indiana State. Looks like we may be trying to add a couple more players still for next year. Kid went prep school this past year at Fork Union.

Video from his senior year in HS

MVP
    Thanks

I know Trent was looking for more wide receivers

There was a kid in Michigan that was interested as well, but not sure how that worked out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TJames View Post
    There was a kid in Michigan that was interested as well, but not sure how that worked out.
    There is another kid that post on Twitter that he is coming to ISU but his name isn't on his Twitter account. Could be him.

MVP
    Thanks

This is a great time to pick up kids that may have been passed over....

we have picked up some pretty good kids in the past after the initial recruiting signing day. Vencie Glenn wasnt signed until April. He was supposed to go to Maryland but the coach got fired and the new coaching staff pulled Vencie's scholarship offer. Other schools that had offered him had already filled their spots. So he was sitting there looking for someplace to go. His high school coaches were friends of Coach Raetz. They called Dennis and said that they had a kid for him if he was interested. Dennis got film of Vencie's high school career and then talked to other people in the Maryland area that he knew tyo get their comments and opinions. Next thing you knew, Vencie was visiting during spring football practice. A few days later, he was a Sycamore. The rest is history. Vencie became an All-American, played in the Blue-Gray and Senior Bowls, and was drafted in the second round by New England.

MVP
    Thanks

Just watched the video of Hollins.....

Register to remove this advertisement
    and I liked what I saw. Big, physical receiver who can also return kickoffs. Reminds me of Justin Hilton but perhaps a little bigger bosy. Watching one of his kickoff returns reminded me a little bit of former Sycamore WR/KR Charles Swann with the way he attacked the kickoff coverage unit from the opposing team. He took the kickoff on a dead run and ran hard. Also liked the clip where he came out of nowhere to level a potential tackler when a teammate was running back a kick.