Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Thanks

St. Joseph's University (Indiana) to close

Register to remove this advertisement
    Board of Trustees voted to cease operations at least temporarily at the end of this semester.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreFan317 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    So sorry to hear that

Thanks
    Thanked 4,268 Times in 2,541 Posts
    Heard about the possibility a couple weeks ago on local radio. Said BOT was trying to rally alumni and fundraising to allow them to continue. IMO, there needs to be some more closures/consolidation of colleges. Just too many and I'm shocked at these smaller schools continuing to fund athletics. You'd think they'd close down unnecessary cost centers to focus on core competencies.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Sycamore Hoops | MVCTalk.com | MVFCTalk.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Heard about the possibility a couple weeks ago on local radio. Said BOT was trying to rally alumni and fundraising to allow them to continue. IMO, there needs to be some more closures/consolidation of colleges. Just too many and I'm shocked at these smaller schools continuing to fund athletics. You'd think they'd close down unnecessary cost centers to focus on core competencies.
    Agree!!

Thanks
    Agree!! I say Dr Bradley demand the immediate closure of ISU's regional campuses, the return of the endowments and transfer all real and intangible property to ISU. Any current "students" at the regional campuses can apply for admission to ISU.
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Q_iu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,268 Times in 2,541 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q_iu View Post
    Agree!! I say Dr Bradley demand the immediate closure of ISU's regional campuses, the return of the endowments and transfer all real and intangible property to ISU. Any current "students" at the regional campuses can apply for admission to ISU.
    LMAO.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Sycamore Hoops | MVCTalk.com | MVFCTalk.com

All-Conference
    Thanks
    Does that include ISU -- East over in Muncie ?
    If so, I say we only admit students from there who can read & write !
    They should receive ENHANCED vetting before being allowed in Terre Haute.

On a serious note -- Wow -- I used to take my students up to St. Joe for conferences etc. And Benton Central had some athletes play there. Sad situation.

Thanks
    Are you arguing for all colleges or merely the publicly funded ones? St Joseph's is obviously private and free to run a college if they see fit. I don't think the Bishop in Lafayette would have much influence over ordering it to close.

I'm guessing their (former) extension campus in Whiting isn't affected by this decision?

I DO agree that the State of Indiana was far, FAR too damn many publicly funded campuses, esp of the gloomington reform extension family... and damn, ivy tech... isnt' there an ivy tech in every freakin' county?
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Banned
    Thanks
    Any basketball players over there that are coachable, strong fundamentals, play defense EVERY GAME & can play flat out for 30 minutes. Any like Clemons?

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q_iu View Post
    Are you arguing for all colleges or merely the publicly funded ones? St Joseph's is obviously private and free to run a college if they see fit. I don't think the Bishop in Lafayette would have much influence over ordering it to close.

I'm guessing their (former) extension campus in Whiting isn't affected by this decision?

I DO agree that the State of Indiana was far, FAR too damn many publicly funded campuses, esp of the gloomington reform extension family... and damn, ivy tech... isnt' there an ivy tech in every freakin' county?
    Yes you're right, they have a "campus" in many counties. The Foundation Development Staff is regionally positioned with support staff to discover,cultivate and steward prospective donors, both individual and corporate. They place emphasis on local support, a sense of community. The Ivy Tech Foundation has net assets of app. $104mm (according to the 2014, IRS 990 found on Guidstar).