Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Role Player
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    #13 is Matthew Griffin, a DB out of Toledo.

Role Player
    Thanks
    So, we graduate 10 seniors this year.

4-DBs (2 starters and 2 contributors)
    1-MLB (starter)
    2-OL (1 starter, 1 contributor)
    2-DL (both starters)
    1-RB (starter)

On offense next year we will have 9 returning starters and on defense 6 returning starters and a bunch of guys that got a lot of playing time. Seems the greatest need is girth at defensive tackles (Mosley and Powell) and replacing Green (CB) and J.Jones (S). With 13 commits thus far, I've seen a few DBs and LBs, but no defensive linemen. Do you think we hit the JuCos for big, mature guys ready to contribute?

Role Player
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
    So, we graduate 10 seniors this year.

4-DBs (2 starters and 2 contributors)
    1-MLB (starter)
    2-OL (1 starter, 1 contributor)
    2-DL (both starters)
    1-RB (starter)

On offense next year we will have 9 returning starters and on defense 6 returning starters and a bunch of guys that got a lot of playing time. Seems the greatest need is girth at defensive tackles (Mosley and Powell) and replacing Green (CB) and J.Jones (S). With 13 commits thus far, I've seen a few DBs and LBs, but no defensive linemen. Do you think we hit the JuCos for big, mature guys ready to contribute?
    Lucas Hunter out of Center Grove and DeAndre Johnson from Chicago, but yes, looks like the JUCO route worked well for the staff this year so hopefully they find some studs ready to go next year.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 3,115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
    I've been hoping that Mallory could call on his Big Ten and other coaching contacts to get some transfers. It seems like Brock Spack does this on a yearly basis and he has been gone from Purdue for quite awhile now.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Update on Grant Rude 6-6 OL

Did have a visit at ISU. Will be attending recruiting at BSU tonight for the rare Tuesday night game. If he ends up in red I will vomit

Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 814 Posts
    I have a kid at each school. Why anyone wants to go to Ball State is beyond me. But I guess I'm biased...

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    I have a kid at each school. Why anyone wants to go to Ball State is beyond me. But I guess I'm biased...
    My school of thought, If a kid or others pick ISU over BSU, your have a chance to play in a playoff verses some shity bowl game, played in the middle of DEC, that no one attends or watches. It amazes me when I'm in social circles, how many people don't know, ISU is D1 or understands the FCS level football or playoff system. Hell, I think BSU should drop down to FCS level, they can't compete on a regular basis in the MAC, it' not like they are setting attendance records. In 2020 when N Dakota comes to the MVFC, it would be great to have BSU join to form 2 divisions, north and south. Of course that would never happen. With that being said, I wonder if there is a plan, to have another school join??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    You may call it bias. I call it good judgment and common sens
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sycamore Proud For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by #33 View Post
    My school of thought, If a kid or others pick ISU over BSU, your have a chance to play in a playoff verses some shity bowl game, played in the middle of DEC, that no one attends or watches. It amazes me when I'm in social circles, how many people don't know, ISU is D1 or understands the FCS level football or playoff system. Hell, I think BSU should drop down to FCS level, they can't compete on a regular basis in the MAC, it' not like they are setting attendance records. In 2020 when N Dakota comes to the MVFC, it would be great to have BSU join to form 2 divisions, north and south. Of course that would never happen. With that being said, I wonder if there is a plan, to have another school join??
    and remember, we own the Victory Bell currently

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ISUCC For This Useful Post:

Role Player
    Thanks

Recruiting

Register to remove this advertisement
    Recruiting has been quiet since October. No surprise as the coaches have been busy. However, it's about time that the JuCos and grad transfer market gets active. Interesting names out there (See: https://gradtransfertracker.com/pote...ransfers-2019/). This list will grow quickly as we cross over in to December.

How about we go shopping to fill in a few spots and get the national championship next year. We're losing an LB, couple DTs, DBs and a left tackle.

DT: Brandon Tiasssum. 6'4" 305, Notre Dame. From Indianapolis originally
    DT: Kevin Murphy. 6'1" 288, UConn.
    OL: DeVondre Love. 6'7" 310. Indiana.
    LB: On the JuCo front, it would be awesome to get Willie O'Hara (MLB, Iowa Western) 6'1" 235. Led nation in tackles.

Interestingly: Markel Smith RB, is leaving Illinois State as a grad transfer