Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 827 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokerZ View Post
    This just sets off the beginning stages for the NCAA. The schools will try and prove they were defrauded by these individuals, but lack of institutional control is a big deal for the NCAA.

HA! Who am I kidding. A few vacated wins and minor slaps on the wrist will be all that'll happen. The real victims in this are the players like Silvio De Sousa who's guardian took $2,500 to pay for night classes and tutoring to get him academically eligible for college. That's all that happened. To pay for his sins, he's been suspended indefinitely by KU and will most likely never see a college basketball floor again.
    I doubt that even that low level of "penalties" will happen. Most likely, life will go on as before, they'll just get better at hiding it...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,207 Times in 764 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    He had four years at Montverde and IMG Academy to get eligible.

I'm done feeling sorry for these kids that show they have work ethic but refuse to do it off the court. Put down Twitter, Fortnite and fucking crack a book, you hooligans. The NCAA Clearinghouse requires you to have a 2.3. TWO POINT THREE. Literally, you can have like 4-5 Ds in your core classes and still get through the Clearinghouse.

This is a monumental failure by those basketball factories and his guardian's over that four year span. Kid doesn't need to be playing college ball. If you can't get through the Clearinghouse, take your ass to the NBADL or overseas and work on your game. There is no shame in that.
    Fair point, and I don’t disagree. The funny part about the guilty verdicts is that the universities are considered the “victim” of the wire fraud. By association, we should feel bad for KU, Louisville, etc. for all they’ve gone through. They benefited from the acts, but in order to prove the Adidas bagmen committed a crime the universities are technically the victims.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,315 Times in 3,191 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!