Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
    Supporting Member
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I am not that worried about seating, I want a winning ball team! What kind of seats will guarantee that?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,167 Times in 3,100 Posts
    The seats can always be changed. My biggest concern is the facade and long term structural design and aesthetics. They missed the boat. They missed the pond. They missed the lake. They missed the ocean. Talking Titanic level of failure. Imagine waking up in 2040 and heading out to Hulman Center and looking at that render. You proud of that place? Now picture doing the same in 2060. You proud of that place? If the answer is yes, you're too easily impressed

Furthermore, the several of you that say "all I care about winning" are missing a vital point. Facilities matter. Let me say it again. FACILITIES MATTER. If they didn't, you wouldn't see schools building these bigger and better arenas, practice facilities, locker rooms, etc. The whole package attracts talent. Talent wins ball games. So next time you talk about a winning team, start looking at the bigger picture.

Everyone with their hands in this project has failed the basketball program, the students, the alumni and the fans that pay their disposable income to go out to the Hulman Center to see a basketball game, attend a concert or other event.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,167 Times in 3,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rapala View Post
    I am not that worried about seating, I want a winning ball team! What kind of seats will guarantee that?
    Cushy blue ones that are comfortable where the school can charge a couple bucks more per seat. That money can be diverted back into the program where the team could then buy home games instead of having to be bought out. Lansing has an 80-35 home record -- a 70% winning percentage. Work for you?
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 616 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    The seats can always be changed. My biggest concern is the facade and long term structural design and aesthetics. They missed the boat. They missed the pond. They missed the lake. They missed the ocean. Talking Titanic level of failure. Imagine waking up in 2040 and heading out to Hulman Center and looking at that render. You proud of that place? Now picture doing the same in 2060. You proud of that place? If the answer is yes, you're too easily impressed

Furthermore, the several of you that say "all I care about winning" are missing a vital point. Facilities matter. Let me say it again. FACILITIES MATTER. If they didn't, you wouldn't see schools building these bigger and better arenas, practice facilities, locker rooms, etc. The whole package attracts talent. Talent wins ball games. So next time you talk about a winning team, start looking at the bigger picture.

Everyone with their hands in this project has failed the basketball program, the students, the alumni and the fans that pay their disposable income to go out to the Hulman Center to see a basketball game, attend a concert or other event.
    Totally agree. I would say that if they would have showed this one first, we would have been disappointed. But, not nearly as much we are now after seeing all the other cool ones. I can’t believe they couldn’t at least put it in color. I just hope the inside is done right and the outside finished product better than expected.