Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Administrator Jason Svoboda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    55,362
    Thanks
    1,865
    Thanked 5,034 Times in 3,030 Posts
    Rep Power
    318

    Andy Katz hired by NCAA to report on their site...


    Register to remove this advertisement
    Interested to see his work on the NCAA's site.

    http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...&sf166537108=1
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Legend TreeTop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,048
    Thanks
    1,044
    Thanked 813 Times in 550 Posts
    Rep Power
    57
    Glad to see this. Katz is definitely my favorite. And he's always been very complimentary when it comes to Lansing and ISU. He's the anti-Bilas when it comes to Mid-Major reporting.
    March on, you fighting Sycamores, Sycamores

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, IN
    Posts
    10,037
    Thanks
    1,537
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 820 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Looks to me like the NCAA is simply going into "damage control mode" in lieu of the pending Federal charges involving their #1 fiscal tool...

  5. #4
    Administrator Jason Svoboda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    55,362
    Thanks
    1,865
    Thanked 5,034 Times in 3,030 Posts
    Rep Power
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by BankShot View Post
    Looks to me like the NCAA is simply going into "damage control mode" in lieu of the pending Federal charges involving their #1 fiscal tool...
    Not sure I follow. They've been hiring writers and producing onsite content for a couple years now on NCAA.com. I believe it's technically handled by Turner Sports and not the actual org.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, IN
    Posts
    10,037
    Thanks
    1,537
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 820 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Not sure I follow. They've been hiring writers and producing onsite content for a couple years now on NCAA.com. I believe it's technically handled by Turner Sports and not the actual org.
    Has the NCAA had a "nationally recognized" name in this capacity for college basketball before?

    http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...etball-ncaacom

  7. #6
    Administrator Jason Svoboda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    55,362
    Thanks
    1,865
    Thanked 5,034 Times in 3,030 Posts
    Rep Power
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by BankShot View Post
    Has the NCAA had a "nationally recognized" name in this capacity for college basketball before?

    http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...etball-ncaacom
    As stated above, the actual organization does not handle their .com property. It's handled by Turner Sports, who owns broadcasting rights for March Madness.

    https://www.turner.com/pressroom/uni...s/ncaa-digital
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, IN
    Posts
    10,037
    Thanks
    1,537
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 820 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    As stated above, the actual organization does not handle their .com property. It's handled by Turner Sports, who owns broadcasting rights for March Madness.

    https://www.turner.com/pressroom/uni...s/ncaa-digital
    It says in the article, "...hired by the NCAA as a contractor...", not HIRED by Turner Sports.


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •