Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Administrator Jason Svoboda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    54,321
    Thanks
    1,735
    Thanked 4,703 Times in 2,831 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Lansing making the media rounds yesterday


    Register to remove this advertisement
    On Dan Dakich - segment starts at 4:10 mark. Pretty long segment touching on a bunch of different topics. Mentions we'll be playing Purdue in a couple years. People give Dakich a lot of shit, but he is one of my favorite radio guys because he says what we're all saying and does it from his platform.

    http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/dan-...riday-night-iu

    On with JMV later

    http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/ride...hocks-hoosiers
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Posts
    14,237
    Thanks
    2,324
    Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,695 Posts
    Rep Power
    171
    One of our own Meistro gets some love from Dakich right before Lansing comes on.

    I don't mind Dakich from time to time. His twitter spats can be a little difficult to stomach at times - but then again I've had my fair share of ugly Twitter confrontations.
    Roll Timber!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Administrator Jason Svoboda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    54,321
    Thanks
    1,735
    Thanked 4,703 Times in 2,831 Posts
    Rep Power
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    One of our own Meistro gets some love from Dakich right before Lansing comes on.

    I don't mind Dakich from time to time. His twitter spats can be a little difficult to stomach at times - but then again I've had my fair share of ugly Twitter confrontations.
    Honestly, that's why I probably like him more. He'll go after athletes that cry about being exploited and he'll goes after mouthy B10 douche bags. I find both of those things rather enjoyable.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

  6. #4
    MVP TreeTop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,923
    Thanks
    973
    Thanked 772 Times in 520 Posts
    Rep Power
    54
    In addition to saying we'll have Purdue on the schedule in a couple years, he said we've got The Bahamas in 2020 and Destin, FL in 2021 as our MTEs...and we already know about Honolulu next year.

    He also talked about what the renovations will look like for Hulman Center, mentioning suites, a mezzanine, lowering the roof, taking out some seats, and a glass facade. Though, I have to wonder how much of that was based on the first artist rendering.

    Oh, and TCU next year.
    Last edited by TreeTop; 11-14-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    March on, you fighting Sycamores, Sycamores

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeTop For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    All-Conference
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Carmel
    Posts
    827
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 274 Times in 155 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    Always glad to get the Indy media to pay attention to us -- these were both very good.

    My fear ? Always seems after we get a little love from the Indy media we crash and burn.
    Sycamores ....don't let this happen .....beat the crap out of Auburn then win that tournament !

  9. #6
    Administrator Jason Svoboda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    54,321
    Thanks
    1,735
    Thanked 4,703 Times in 2,831 Posts
    Rep Power
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbadenboy View Post
    Always glad to get the Indy media to pay attention to us -- these were both very good.

    My fear ? Always seems after we get a little love from the Indy media we crash and burn.
    Sycamores ....don't let this happen .....beat the crap out of Auburn then win that tournament !
    That is always the question. This team certainly feels different from years past. I think it's a product of the upbringing of several of the key cogs. Barnes out of St. Louis and playing for the AAU squad he did made him battle tested. I really hope we can go back to that program and get more.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    All-Conference
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Carmel
    Posts
    827
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 274 Times in 155 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    Hope and think you're right Jason. I've watched the IU game 3 times now -- of course we were shooting out of our mind, but I thought we played a really good game even aside from that. I was at Purdue and while we did not shoot well there at all we played really well that first half -- we'd been up by 10 at the half had we just had a decent shooting 1st half there.

    Lets make this not just a great win but a great year.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Westbadenboy For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    All-Conference
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Terre Haute, IN
    Posts
    877
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 224 Times in 123 Posts
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    In addition to saying we'll have Purdue on the schedule in a couple years, he said we've got The Bahamas in 2020 and Destin, FL in 2021 as our MTEs...and we already know about Honolulu next year.

    He also talked about what the renovations will look like for Hulman Center, mentioning suites, a mezzanine, lowering the roof, taking out some seats, and a glass facade. Though, I have to wonder how much of that was based on the first artist rendering.

    Oh, and TCU next year.
    Do we know where the MTE in 2019 is?

  14. #9
    Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Posts
    14,237
    Thanks
    2,324
    Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,695 Posts
    Rep Power
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreBlue3209 View Post
    Do we know where the MTE in 2019 is?
    Disney World
    Roll Timber!

  15. #10
    MVP TreeTop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,923
    Thanks
    973
    Thanked 772 Times in 520 Posts
    Rep Power
    54

    Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreBlue3209 View Post
    Do we know where the MTE in 2019 is?
    Oh wait, I misprinted...it goes like this...

    2018 Honolulu
    2019 Bahamas
    2020 Destin, FL
    March on, you fighting Sycamores, Sycamores


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •