Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,475 Times in 2,678 Posts

[November 19, 2017] Indiana State (1-2) vs Ohio (1-2)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (1-2) vs. Ohio Bobcats (1-2)

TD Arena - Charleston, SC
    Sunday, November 19, 2017
    1:00 PM EST Tip
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Some things I'd like to see in this one because, well, why the hell not:

My starters would be:

Barnes, Key, Davis, Kessinger, Murphy

I think Scott needs a reminder that he can't play at 200mph and out of control. I've just not been impressed with Thomas. I'd also shorten the bench and Demonte would have fewer minutes. He hasn't been productive on either end of the floor.

If we're going to continue with that post feed prioritization, there needs to be continuous motion running along with it. If you stand, you sit.

Also, there were too many times when we made too many passes. Kessinger/Thomas, do your best Justin Gant impression and shoot the fucking ball when you've got space out top. Your passiveness allows the defense to sag as well as the defenders on Barnes/Scott/Davis to play tighter because they know you won't pull the trigger.

If you feed to Murph/Rick, don't immediately run your guy down on their fucking hip leading to them essentially being double teamed. Also, Barnes needs to direct traffic better to get them on the right side of the floor. Murph/Rick catching on one side of the paint means we're getting a quality shot whereas the other they end up being forced baseline with their weak hand. Know your strengths.

Barnes/Scott, don't pass up good looks hoping for perfect ones. Too many times you got space and decided to drive and turned it over. Shoot the ball when you get a bit of room.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,581 Posts

[November 19, 2017] Indiana State (1-2) vs Ohio (1-2)

Oh everyone loves to pile on some BScott 3 games into the season... amazing.

I will go ahead and go on the record as not putting all of this teams struggles at his feet and benching his ass for its struggles.

Took Lansing a whole 3 games to publicly single him out. Iíve been watching Indiana State basketball a long damn time and Iíve seen people play significant minutes through a lot worse play - but Scott a kid whoís been a pretty good player for 4 years.

Bench his ass.
    Last edited by SycamoreStateofMind; 11-18-2017 at 12:35 AM.
    Roll Timber!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 616 Posts
    I'm not looking this shit up but I believe based on just being there he's 1 for about a million shooting in the past two games and has a mind numbing amount of TO's to go with it. People are going to get on his case for that shit..

And it would be another thing if he was like some of our other good players in the past who could help us along even when they weren't shooting well. Scott has never proven to do that with any regularly. This weekend he has also been beaten on D, didn't​ display any court vision, and is little help on the glass. So when he is off and still chucking and forcing..The effect is even more magnified.

Is he the only one? Hell no...Is he the only one who has started 4 years here and is suppose to be all MVC this and that..yep. You take two ass whipping like that after displaying what you could do (at IU) some message has to be sent..Way too much disfunction on O and while yesterday was better our nastiness on the defensive end is not there either. We need Scott and his scoring going forward to be as good as we can be..but the dude wearing 4 the last two days isn't helping us in any form or fashion.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Southgrad07 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    With a day's rest and only being a week removed our awesome performance vs IU, I feel good about going up against Ohio.

Both losses, Auburn and ODU, were bad in that they were more than 20 point losses, but neither were bad in that both teams will have good seasons.

We regroup, win tomorrow, we're 2-2 and it's a new season again.
    March on, you fighting Sycamores, Sycamores

Thanks

Sycamores Set For Sunday Showdown With Ohio At Gildan Charleston Classic

Indiana State Basketball concludes play in the Gildan Charleston Classic on Sunday, November 19 in Charleston, S.C. against Ohio of the Mid-American Conference. Tip-off is set for 1:00 pm (ET) from TD Arena and will be televised world-wide on the WatchESPN app. The game will also be broadcast on WIBQ 97.9 FM as well as streamed on GoSycamores.com. Indiana State is 1-2 on the season with a 90-69 victory at Indiana followed by defeats against Auburn and Old Dominion in the Gildan Charleston Classic. Ohio opened with a home win over Alabama A&M and has lost to Clemson and Dayton this week in Charleston. Gavin Block leads the Bobcats with a 16.0 ppg average.

More...

Thanks
    It's not like Scott won't return as a starter, I'd simply give him the first four minutes to watch the game (send the proverbial message) and maybe he can take away how the defense is playing so when he's put into the game, he can attack without being overly reckless. The reason why he is the sacrificial lamb is because he is a top scorer in program history, he's a multi time All-MVC players, the most senior player on the squad and statistically he leads the team in turnovers and usage percentage.

His current usage percentage is 43% and his current turnover percentage is 28% which means he dominates the ball and over a quarter of the time it has ended up in a turnover. He is also now shooting 35% from the floor and 23% from two point range, which is where he happens to be pressing so hard, and conversely, where he is committing all of the turnovers. Basically his driving game right now is greatly impacting the Sycamores offense.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    It's not like Scott won't return as a starter, I'd simply give him the first four minutes to watch the game (send the proverbial message) and maybe he can take away how the defense is playing so when he's put into the game, he can attack without being overly reckless. The reason why he is the sacrificial lamb is because he is a top scorer in program history, he's a multi time All-MVC players, the most senior player on the squad and statistically he leads the team in turnovers and usage percentage.

His current usage percentage is 43% and his current turnover percentage is 28% which means he dominates the ball and over a quarter of the time it has ended up in a turnover. He is also now shooting 35% from the floor and 23% from two point range, which is where he happens to be pressing so hard, and conversely, where he is committing all of the turnovers. Basically his driving game right now is greatly impacting the Sycamores offense.
    I think Scott needs to have his eyes checked...not the 1st time that BAD VISION has been known to interfere w/ multiple aspects of a player's game. For instance, how many wide-open 3's has he "air balled" already this season? How many times has he mishandled the ball for a TO? What about his ability to "read" a defense & direct offensive flow?

Question...why did Murphy return w/o wearing protective eye goggles? Shit amazes me about this program...
    Last edited by BankShot; 11-18-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,581 Posts
    Sorry the Scott arguments presented do not appeal to me at all. I read them a couple hours ago and thought on them a little bit - rather than make a quick reaction to the comments.

I watched Lansing not send messages to Brown for 3 years. A similar situation with a limited offensive player in Clemons (in which Lansing now admits he should have turned over the keys to JB). The list goes on and on. You're ready to sell out on Scott 3 games into the season? Benching him is selling out on him IMO - probably not the way you're all looking at it though. 1 of the 3 games he was the best player on the floor in the second half. The other two he sucked - I'm just not ready to send a message to him for 2 rough games. Especially given the argument that you yourself made Jason about the level at which we were playing against (based on recruiting rating). In other words he's making mistakes against pretty decent players/teams.

Note: Don't come back at me with Brown was a plus defender and Clemons was gritty as hell. Neither one of them was half the offensive player as Scott and no one has ever said Scott doesn't play hard as hell.

I'm really not interested in going back and forth on this topic. I'm probably not going to change anyones mind on this and likewise my mind isn't going be changed. If you're jaded towards Scott already then it's probably going to be another long season anyways. Just because he's experience, capable etc. etc. doesn't mean he's the guy you send the message to. If anything, he's the guy that your willing to ride through difficult times because you know his total body of work says he's not the player you saw the last 2 games.

In closing - Scott has always been loose with the ball at times. To see him mishandle and or lose a ball isn't really a new thing. He's never really been a plus passer. He's never been a plus defender - although I think he's gotten a lot better. Lastly he's always made some poor decisions when driving it to the lane - he either gets too deep or he doesn't kick it out (mentioned it in the Marian game thread). All of these are things we already know about Scott. Sure you could argue that he should have gotten better and learned from his past mistakes - absolutely. However, that is not what this conversation is about. This is about Lansing and you all wanting to put our best scorer on the bench because he's struggling and that is precisely the wrong thing to do in my opinion.
    Last edited by SycamoreStateofMind; 11-18-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    Roll Timber!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Call me crazy but I don't think we lose again before conference. There I said it! Tomorrow kicks off a 10 game win streak. Let's Go!!