Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 778 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    “I just dont understand how Lansing isnt on the hot seat. “

Let me help you. Follow these instructions:

1. Read his contract
    2. Peruse the ISU athletics budget
    3. Do simple math.

He’s not going anywhere anytime soon unless he wants to. Especially since some of the biggest donors to the program (and ISU athletics) are personal friends of his.
    ...which truly manifests how MICRO ISU/Terre Haute is in the big ray of light. You can thank RON PRETTYMAN for tinting the ISU "windows." But he pulled his ripcord & darted for the 'Nap, didn't he?

The basketball program is so hard up for attendance @ HC, they've thrown out a lifeline to DUANE KLEUH (who was crudely "let go" in 1967, after putting together what ultimately became the '68 NCAA Small College Runnerup squad). One thing GL is good at is manipulating PR.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lansing Lifeline.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	1375

There's "simple math," then there's also the light of truth. Ultimately, GL will be forced to face the latter as far as his coaching dayz are concerned @ ISU.
    Last edited by BankShot; 12-07-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks
    So can anyone tell us why Davis did not start?
    NCAA: 1979, 2000, 2001, 2011------MVC XC Champs: 1996, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014

NIT: 1977, 1978, 2013, 2014--------MVC Indoor Champs: 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Final Four: 1979----------------------MVC Outdoor Champs: 1988, 1990, 1993, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

1,000 point members: 38

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BankShot View Post
    ...which truly manifests how MICRO ISU/Terre Haute is in the big ray of light. You can thank RON PRETTYMAN for tinting the ISU "windows." But he pulled his ripcord & darted for the 'Nap, didn't he?

The basketball program is so hard up for attendance @ HC, they've thrown out a lifeline to DUANE KLEUH (who was crudely "let go" in 1967, after putting together what ultimately became the '68 NCAA Small College Runnerup squad). One thing GL is good at is manipulating PR.

Name:	Lansing Lifeline.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	1375

There's "simple math," then there's also the light of truth. Ultimately, GL will be forced to face the latter as far as his coaching dayz are concerned @ ISU.
    Do you honestly believe there will be a bump in attendance because of this? Come really? How many 20 somethings or 30 somethings have ever heard of him? The only reason there was a bump when they retired his jersey was they tied it into retiring Larry's jersey the same day.
    ROLL TIMBER

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveinth View Post
    Do you honestly believe there will be a bump in attendance because of this? Come really? How many 20 somethings or 30 somethings have ever heard of him? The only reason there was a bump when they retired his jersey was they tied it into retiring Larry's jersey the same day.
    It's all about infusing HISTORY into the current shit-uation...a psychological "litter box." Btw, those around in '67 would like to see if DK still carries his tennis gear w/ him. I'm sure that Bill Malloy (one of his life chums) will be there...friends of friends even @ age 90 add up.

https://isu-aceweb-001.indstate.edu/...e=13FOSENIORWK

How old were you in '67?
    Last edited by BankShot; 12-07-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I digress, wonder what our attendance would be if we were playing DK basketball. It was fun to watch and exciting! If
    we remodel HC will our facility will be as good as Loyola and will we have enough money to get players like they get. Add Valpo to that envy last.

Thanks
    Just a few observations from last night:

1. UNT made some amazing shots in the last minute of regulation. Just three-point prayers that somehow went in. We had hands in their faces on all attempts and they still made them. Kudos to UNT...they shot amazingly well in the second half and especially in the closing minutes. It was like watching Ohio all over again.

2. We got absolutely, just absolutely, toasted on the boards by a team that doesn't rebound the ball all that well. Rebounding has always and continues to be one of the major problems with Lansing's teams. He's admitted he's a bad rebounding coach and clearly is just accepting that, I guess. If you look at the box score you won't see a huge differential, but UNT gobbled up offensive boards at very opportune times and it definitely kept them close throughout the game.

3. I don't understand our rotations one bit. I guess we're just going to tinker with this until the start of conference play because I'm not following the strategy. This has been discussed at length before, so I won't harp on this too much. It's just getting old.

4. This team goes as Scott goes. If he's hitting his shots, we're remarkably better. If he's not, like last night, its' going to be a grind. I didn't think Scott forced anything last night, but he was 0-6 from three which is a big reason why we lost.

5. Trey Knight is from that general area and had quite a bit of family in the stands. Also, Jordan Barnes' grandmother was there, and I also saw here in Wichita last year. She must travel to just about every away game for her to make it all the way down to UNT. She also has his twitter handle on the back of her shirt, which I got a kick out of.

6. The UNT "Super Pit" is absolutely the worst D1 arena I've ever watched a game. The current un-renovated Hulman Center is the Taj Mahal compared to that gym. There were maybe 200-300 people there total...including the band. The student section had less than 10 people. There was a woman writing her Christmas cards sitting a few seats over from me...she was really into it. At one point there were two sitting on opposite sides of the arena and they still managed to have a full conversation with one another...it was that quiet. UNT did sell beer, though, so that helped.

Bottom line though...I got too loud and a little obnoxious last night and the 2-3 passionate UNT fans that were there made sure to rub it all in my face once they won. I deserved it.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrokerZ For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BankShot View Post
    It's all about infusing HISTORY into the current shit-uation...a psychological "litter box." Btw, those around in '67 would like to see if DK still carries his tennis gear w/ him. I'm sure that Bill Malloy (one of his life chums) will be there...friends of friends even @ age 90 add up.

https://isu-aceweb-001.indstate.edu/...e=13FOSENIORWK

How old were you in '67?
    Depends on the month LOL and you Didn't answer the question will this cause a bump in attendance . You said Lansing is good at the PR thing and the PR he is trying to us should be in an effort to bump attendance and this will maybe see 5 people more . Most people will think who is the old dude on the bench .
    Last edited by Daveinth; 12-07-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    ROLL TIMBER

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveinth View Post
    ...Most people will think who is the old dude on the bench .
    Given the knowledge base of most people around TH and ISU Basketball, you're probably right. Almost impossible to carry on any essence of "historical tradition" in a program with multiple tracks of 4-yr. losing seasons, which seemingly is the direction we're headed.
    Last edited by BankShot; 12-07-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks
    If there is a bump in attendance, the average age of those making up the bump will be 70+.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore Proud View Post
    If there is a bump in attendance, the average age of those making up the bump will be 70+.
    ...which further reinforces the current state of desperation (see earlier "life saver") of ISU Basketball. Take a glance at the empty seats in HC now, you'll notice that the post-Bird/Menser fans have "abandoned the coop." If GL hasn't noticed this trend, it's no wonder he's floundering in his lineup rotations since Gudino headed South.

Name:	life-saver-candy-clipart-4.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	1376
    Last edited by BankShot; 12-08-2017 at 09:59 AM.