Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,973 Times in 2,984 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    I think it would be in the city's best interest to tear down everything but the arch, leave it up as the centerpiece for a park. Plant more trees, put a water fountain behind the arch, or some other attractive feature, and make it a nice attraction for people using the bike path. If the city would cover half or more of the demolition cost, that would help out ISU quite a bit.

Also, the city could turn it into a sports complex with ball fields to attract tournaments and other events, more of a revenue generator.
    Honestly, I don't give a shit what the city does with it once we're done there. They've made it abundantly clear they're not interested in working or helping State despite it being one of their largest employers and economic drivers. With their financial issues, I doubt they're in any position to assist in demo costs, either.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I like the Elon idea. I think the new college president could be behind this concept. Something on the river campus could be beautiful. Most likely, it would have to be on hold, at least, until Hulman is either completed or well on it way

Legend
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Honestly, I don't give a shit what the city does with it once we're done there. They've made it abundantly clear they're not interested in working or helping State despite it being one of their largest employers and economic drivers. With their financial issues, I doubt they're in any position to assist in demo costs, either.
    I know the school and the city don't get it, but what is good for one is good for the other. I'm sure demolishing those stands won't be cheap.
    Fear the Trees!

Thanks
    I think it would be in the city's best interest to tear down everything but the arch, leave it up as the centerpiece for a park. Plant more trees, put a water fountain behind the arch, or some other attractive feature, and make it a nice attraction for people using the bike path. If the city would cover half or more of the demolition cost, that would help out ISU quite a bit.

Also, the city could turn it into a sports complex with ball fields to attract tournaments and other events, more of a revenue generator.
    It could also be a sweet local soccer/football field for kids.

Thanks
    I know the school and the city don't get it, but what is good for one is good for the other. I'm sure demolishing those stands won't be cheap.
    Hold my beer

Role Player
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    First practice on the new turf will be either Saturday (scrimmage) or Tuesday. Weather has killed the timeline, but they knew this was a possibility. Worth it in coach’s eyes. And after all the lower body injuries last year, I would agree with him.