Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    Senior Moderator ISUCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    just west of the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    13,175
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked 826 Times in 590 Posts
    Rep Power
    66

    Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by OX 92 View Post
    Barry Collier was there as well. I think he was the only person in a suit
    I think I overestimated who was there, for some reason I thought Collier was an asst coach at UE. But it's Lickliter I think.

    Check your PM Ox

  2. #42
    Supporting Member IndyTreeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,758
    Thanks
    1,791
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 822 Posts
    Rep Power
    87
    This is all entertaining, but if he’s that good, do we really have a shot? Sounds like a high major kid, no?

  3. #43
    Sixth Man OX 92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fortville
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 44 Times in 32 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    This is all entertaining, but if hes that good, do we really have a shot? Sounds like a high major kid, no?
    I once met this really hot Cuban girl and my friends told me I had no shot and not to waste my time... That she would want someone taller and richer, that I was a Prodestant and her Catholic etc.. We have been married now for 24 yrs.

  4. #44
    Supporting Member 4Q_iu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yancey Mills
    Posts
    7,905
    Thanks
    376
    Thanked 403 Times in 285 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    I think I overestimated who was there, for some reason I thought Collier was an asst coach at UE. But it's Lickliter I think.
    Barry Collier? Isn't he still the Butler AD?
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

  5. #45
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Posts
    803
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 137 Times in 99 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    So.....for anyone there watching this kid....how did he look?

  6. #46
    Senior Moderator ISUCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    just west of the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    13,175
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked 826 Times in 590 Posts
    Rep Power
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q_iu View Post
    Barry Collier? Isn't he still the Butler AD?
    I believe he is, yes, I thought he was an asst at Evansville, but it's Lickliter that is the asst. at UE

  7. #47
    Senior Moderator ISUCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    just west of the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    13,175
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked 826 Times in 590 Posts
    Rep Power
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by pbutler218 View Post
    So.....for anyone there watching this kid....how did he look?
    considering he was being double and triple teamed at times he still scored 31 points, when he's out front with the ball he finds his spot to drive and score or get fouled. He's so quick that he easily drives past whoever is trying to guard him when they're man to man

    Also, his passing skills are what amaze me the most, the kid has complete vision of the floor, much like Bird did, a few times he made passes to his teammates who weren't expecting the pass and they lost the ball.

    Frankton was a much larger team and it was obvious Blackford was really getting tired in the 2nd half, they were missing a lot of shots badly. I don't think they were subbing in and out as often as Frankton.

    Luke also had several 3s. I haven't seen what his shooting percentage was for the night yet. He did miss one FT, which is a rarity.

    Considering Frankton won 88-62, Blackford did better against them than Madison Grant (who beat Blackford) did. Frankton beat MG like 90-45

    Some of us plan to go see him at Tri Central (just west of Kokomo) on Jan. 31st. Just a very fun team to watch
    Last edited by ISUCC; 01-19-2019 at 11:50 AM.

  8. #48
    Sixth Man OX 92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fortville
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 44 Times in 32 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    I realize some people may be frustrated on posts about Luke. Then please ignore them. My point is this kid is the best high school basketball player I have ever seen. He will break Damon's record. Check the team stats for Blackford on Max preps and you will see he is doing it all alone. There are only two others guys on the team that are helping (kind of). They are just a bunch of short farm boys. Its Hoosier high school basketball in its old school glory. Small broke town with very little and a basketball hoop.

    Last night the height of Franklin 6-8, 6-6 and 6-5 held them to a one shot and done in the 2nd half. Luke's FG% would easily be 10 points higher if he didn't have to pick up so much slack. I urge you to find time to see him play.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to OX 92 For This Useful Post:


  10. #49
    Supporting Member IndyTreeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,758
    Thanks
    1,791
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 822 Posts
    Rep Power
    87

    Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by OX 92 View Post
    I realize some people may be frustrated on posts about Luke. Then please ignore them. My point is this kid is the best high school basketball player I have ever seen. He will break Damon's record. Check the team stats for Blackford on Max preps and you will see he is doing it all alone. There are only two others guys on the team that are helping (kind of). They are just a bunch of short farm boys. Its Hoosier high school basketball in its old school glory. Small broke town with very little and a basketball hoop.

    Last night the height of Franklin 6-8, 6-6 and 6-5 held them to a one shot and done in the 2nd half. Luke's FG% would easily be 10 points higher if he didn't have to pick up so much slack. I urge you to find time to see him play.
    I actually like reading about this kid, I just hate knowing that we have no shot at him. The stories of his performances are great.


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •