Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    went to the Blackford-Madison Grant game tonight to see Luke in person, folks, this kids is the REAL DEAL, 36 points in a loss at MG, but they were ROBBED of this win, the refs were AWFUL. Luke was getting killed and getting almost no calls.

Blackford was down 1, then Luke stole an inbounds pass, and was fouled, hits 2 FTs, so Blackford is leading, then MG throws a full court pass and in the melee the refs call a foul on Blackford, MG kid hits 3 FT's and MG wins. Here is the game video, watch from the 90 minute mark on. Even these announcers talk about how awful the refs were

So.......having seen him play do you feel this kid is D-1 talent?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pbutler218 View Post
    So.......having seen him play do you feel this kid is D-1 talent?
    he's a sophomore, 6-1, I totally think he will excel at the D1 level, his passing skills are just like Bird's were, the kid sees the entire floor, his teammates always had to be aware because they never knew when he was gonna pass to them

if he grows a couple more inches, then watch out.

I'd highly recommend going to see him play sometime if you have the chance, I plan to go to a few more games this season yet, and with 2.5 more years of high school to play there's plenty of opportunities to see him play. He's a real competitor.
    Make State Great Again

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    he's a sophomore, 6-1, I totally think he will excel at the D1 level, his passing skills are just like Bird's were, the kid sees the entire floor, his teammates always had to be aware because they never knew when he was gonna pass to them

if he grows a couple more inches, then watch out.

I'd highly recommend going to see him play sometime if you have the chance, I plan to go to a few more games this season yet, and with 2.5 more years of high school to play there's plenty of opportunities to see him play. He's a real competitor.
    Hopefully we give him a look!!

Thanks
    Honestly, we could use Luke Brown right now. Seriously.
    Make State Great Again

Thanks
    I watched the game live on utube. The announcers are just a couple of homer good ol boys. I enjoyed thier take as they personally know the players. It did look like Luke was held and bumped, pushed with no calls. I had to double check the 36 points as while watching i didnt think he that many. He had hit 48 free throws in row then missed two in a row and the shock and disbelief by the announces was funny. I also noticed how he moved without the ball. Luke never sat in a corner waiting always moving. He will break Damion Bailey's record. Watch him play and then laugh at me.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Honestly, we could use Luke Brown right now. Seriously.
    Stop. Just stop.
    Roll Timber!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 702 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    Stop. Just stop.
    Exactly, he’s good and would love to have him someday. But, he’s a kid and we’re playing against grown ass men. I think that’s why Neese struggles at times, he still thinks he’s playing against high school kids. Although, he was much bettter today handling the ball and playing defense. He will be ok.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to meistro For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,888 Posts
    I will quit the forum if one more person tries to tell me Luke Brown could play for us right now... Literally - I will quit.
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,422 Times in 3,252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    I will quit the forum if one more person tries to tell me Luke Brown could play for us right now... Literally - I will quit.
    It should be amended to ANY kid we recruit.

Only a handful of kids are truly ready to play nationally and most of them are the 4- and 5-star kids and even a handful of those kids end up being below average as true freshman because they're usually turnover machines and defensive liabilities.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I'll post the link to tonight's game when it's on, but man, wait till you all see this shot Luke Brown hit at the end of the 3rd quarter, Sportscenter top 10 worthy! He was falling out of bounds and just heaved the ball towards the basket and it went in! Amazing stuff!

It'll be on the Blackford Sports Network youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpZ...fg_OQDl0pKDMKw
    Make State Great Again