Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sixth Man
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I'm sure Wells buyout was dirt cheap too since literally NO ONE CARES ABOUT WOMEN'S BASKETBALL!!!!

And when it comes to Lansing would any of you seriously resign and lose out on $750K? I seriously doubt it. Most of you are slaving away at some job and won't make that much in the next decade, so let's get real here. It's ISU's fault for being stupid and giving him a rolling contract that we have to buyout. At least Lansing's teams are still competitive. Based on the complaints I see you'd think our men's team was 2-13.

Also with this team we have three guards with a ton of potential (Barnes, Key, and Hughes). Barnes is a Sophomore, while both the Tennessee boys are freshman. Then add in Neese who will play part of next season. I think we're going to have a pretty good team in a year or two. Hopefully we can find a big guy that can at least rebound and not be a turnover machine. Some of you need to quit hitting the panic button so fast. Like it or not, we are in a rebuilding year. We might have a lot of talent, but a lot of it is not "experienced" talent yet.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sycamorefan96 For This Useful Post:

Legend
    Thanks
    I assume Wells was also near the end of his contract. He inherited a pretty good program from Moren, so it's too bad things didn't work out better.
    Fear the Trees!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,959 Times in 2,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    I'm sure Wells buyout was dirt cheap too since literally NO ONE CARES ABOUT WOMEN'S BASKETBALL!!!!

And when it comes to Lansing would any of you seriously resign and lose out on $750K? I seriously doubt it. Most of you are slaving away at some job and won't make that much in the next decade, so let's get real here. It's ISU's fault for being stupid and giving him a rolling contract that we have to buyout. At least Lansing's teams are still competitive. Based on the complaints I see you'd think our men's team was 2-13.

Also with this team we have three guards with a ton of potential (Barnes, Key, and Hughes). Barnes is a Sophomore, while both the Tennessee boys are freshman. Then add in Neese who will play part of next season. I think we're going to have a pretty good team in a year or two. Hopefully we can find a big guy that can at least rebound and not be a turnover machine. Some of you need to quit hitting the panic button so fast. Like it or not, we are in a rebuilding year. We might have a lot of talent, but a lot of it is not "experienced" talent yet.
    100% spot on. Nobody in their right mind would walk away from 3/4 of a million dollars. You had damn well better fire me and I'm still collecting my buyout.

People act like we're 2-10 on the season... we're close to .500 and have split our first couple in conference. If we close out games, we'd probably be sitting at the 10-11 win mark. Also, excuse or not, we're still a very young team overall. Also, it says a lot when two walk-ons are seeing minutes. Means that your talent hasn't quite panned out or isn't ready yet. I'm frustrated like everyone else but once a game is over, I try to switch from emotion to logic when I'm analyzing everything.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post

Winning at home and losing in OT at ISUR, is a pretty good start in my book. The Redbirds look like a very good team. If we can cut 4-5 TO's off of our games, we will be VERY competitive for the rest of this year and ready for next year.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post

Also, it says a lot when two walk-ons are seeing minutes. Means that your talent hasn't quite panned out or isn't ready yet. I'm frustrated like everyone else but once a game is over, I try to switch from emotion to logic when I'm analyzing everything.
    Since you mentioned it, the walk-ons have looked ok out there. Are they just playing as a reward for working hard, or are they capable?

Also wonder what others feel about JB's hook passes. They won't be as accurate as two-hand passes, but he has thrown some good, bullet passes. He had 3 in the first half of the ISUR game to guys right under the basket. He is showing good court vision and the desire and ability to distribute the ball. He's making too many TO's but I think Coach wants him to be creative and get the experience.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sycamorebacker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,959 Times in 2,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamorebacker View Post
    Since you mentioned it, the walk-ons have looked ok out there. Are they just playing as a reward for working hard, or are they capable?

Also wonder what others feel about JB's hook passes. They won't be as accurate as two-hand passes, but he has thrown some good, bullet passes. He had 3 in the first half of the ISUR game to guys right under the basket. He is showing good court vision and the desire and ability to distribute the ball. He's making too many TO's but I think Coach wants him to be creative and get the experience.
    I'm sure they absolutely bust their ass in practice and deserve time. It still says something about your scholarship players when #14 and #15 are playing ahead of #8-13. Hell, I think Deady was like first or second off the bench and he's completely passive offensively. Speaks volumes to me. With Neese and Williams joining the fold next year, it should be insanely difficult for those kids to get PT unless it is victory formation time.

Also, agree on Barnes. It looked like he watched some Jake highlights because he's been going baseline and jumping with nowhere to go with the ball and throwing lazy passes that we used to bellyache about Jake doing. His don't seem to have the #13 luck right now as they've been picked off more often than not.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I hated it when JO did that. He should have passed more with HIS FEET ON THE FLOOR.
    I don't consider JB a great handler, but he can pass and his shot is as smooth as silk.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 606 Posts
    While I’m not a women’s basketball fan. I do find it interesting the turnaround our lady Sycamores have made. Seems the change in leadership has made a world of difference.

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    While it’s good to see them win some games, but the fact is the MVC is really really bad in WBB right now
    NCAA: 1979, 2000, 2001, 2011------MVC XC Champs: 1996, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014

NIT: 1977, 1978, 2013, 2014--------MVC Indoor Champs: 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Final Four: 1979----------------------MVC Outdoor Champs: 1988, 1990, 1993, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

1,000 point members: 38