Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 3,115 Posts

Ted Valentine -- what a clown

Register to remove this advertisement
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Valentine sucked 30 years ago, how is he still calling games?!? At his age, he should be calling FLA shuffleboard matches.
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Legend
    Thanks
    I think he's only in his late 50s.

I know the topic of the conversation is about him turning his back on the player and showing him up, but regarding the no call, shouldn't there have been another official on the floor with a better vantage point to see that?
    Fear the Trees!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 939 Posts
    valentine's problem has always been his hubris. Still thinks that he is to be seen and heard, when in reality he is only to be heard from. He is pretty much the poster child for what NOT to do as an official.

Don't always agree with Jay Bilas, but glad to see him calling him out with regards to the double standard.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 3,115 Posts
    The referee is out there to call a game. Unbiased. Fair. Per the rules set forth in the official rules book.

To turn your back on a participant that has a question about the play that just happened is grounds for suspension and/or termination. Bottom line is Valentine has a long history of this sort of behavior and has no business being on the court anymore. My opinion of course.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Yeah, behavior like that has to be shown the door.

There can't be a referee who is acting bigger than THE GAME, or acting bigger than than the schools that are playing, and/or acting bigger than the NCAA.

A parallel to that kinda of I'M BIGGER THAN everyone was Bobby Knight. His toxcity more than anything else was, he thought he was bigger than IU basketball, bigger then IU Athletics, and bigger than IU itself. In turn, making himself think he was TEFLON proof to CONSEQUENCES.

I don't know who is responsible for oversight of NCAA refs, but Valentine should incurr some kind of reprimand or consequence for that.

And to bring race into this, if a prominent White Ref who was already known to be an a-hole had done this to UNC's Berry, there would be more the Jay Bilas calling that referee out. My opinion of course.
    a.k.a. The Blue MOSQUITO

Legend
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotta Hav View Post

There can't be a referee who is acting bigger than THE GAME, or acting bigger than than the schools that are playing, and/or acting bigger than the NCAA.

A parallel to that kinda of I'M BIGGER THAN everyone was Bobby Knight. His toxcity more than anything else was, he thought he was bigger than IU basketball, bigger then IU Athletics, and bigger than IU itself. In turn, making himself think he was TEFLON proof to CONSEQUENCES.

I don't know who is responsible for oversight of NCAA refs, but Valentine should incurr some kind of reprimand or consequence for that.

And to bring race into this, if a prominent White Ref who was already known to be an a-hole had done this to UNC's Berry, there would be more the Jay Bilas calling that referee out. My opinion of course.
    Agreed with everything until your last statement. Don't think there would be any difference at all if it was a white official. And he's caught heat from a heck of a lot more people than just Jay Bilas.
    Fear the Trees!

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotta Hav View Post

Oh the white guy will get picked on but not the black guy argument... LMAO! Right because white males in America have it so freaking tough.
    Roll Timber!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 820 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    Oh the white guy will get picked on but not the black guy argument... LMAO! Right because white males in America have it so freaking tough.
    It's known as "Anglophobia" and gained full impetus during the Obama Era...
    Last edited by BankShot; 01-05-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Legend
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by BankShot View Post
    It's known as "Anglophobia" and gained full impetus during the Obama Era...
    People started hating the English during the Obama presidency? Huh, I didn't know that.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/anglophobia
    Fear the Trees!