Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lansing

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Thumbs down Lansing

Register to remove this advertisement
    Losing as many games as we have in the last two minutes has to fall on Lansing. This is not a well coached team. I can see freshman mistakes when things get tough, but the team leader ignoring his team mates and foolishly driving against the big trees is discouraging. 18 seconds left down by 5 and he is driving for a lay up? Holy shit. Let's stop the bleeding and get a real coach and a real coaching staff.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swsycamore View Post
    Losing as many games as we have in the last two minutes has to fall on Lansing. This is not a well coached team. I can see freshman mistakes when things get tough, but the team leader ignoring his team mates and foolishly driving against the big trees is discouraging. 18 seconds left down by 5 and he is driving for a lay up? Holy shit. Let's stop the bleeding and get a real coach and a real coaching staff.
    I totally agree with you and am not afraid to say it. It's like groundhog day every year with his teams. Same ole collapses, same ole excuses, same ole offense, refusal to make in game adjustments AND of course come seasons end the promises to do better......next year. It ain't happening with this coaching staff people. Time for change. There is a coach out there who will demand his players play hard EVERY game and recruit much better talent. The only consistency with ISU basketball is consistently BAD!!

Legend
    Thanks
    I agree it's time for him to go, but they're not going to fire him as long as they still have to pay him.
    Fear the Trees!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 820 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pbutler218 View Post
    I totally agree with you and am not afraid to say it. It's like groundhog day every year with his teams. Same ole collapses, same ole excuses, same ole offense, refusal to make in game adjustments AND of course come seasons end the promises to do better......next year. It ain't happening with this coaching staff people. Time for change. There is a coach out there who will demand his players play hard EVERY game and recruit much better talent. The only consistency with ISU basketball is consistently BAD!!
    Trust me, he'd been gone LAST SEASON if ISU had the $$$. Furthermore, nobody has the balz to "challenge" the surrounding "conditions" under which GL's contract was initiated when RP was A.D. & GL's then-wife was Assoc. A.D.
    Last edited by BankShot; 02-11-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I have to agree with you fellas. However if you look at our history we have had several dud coaches. I believe the right person is out there but a thorough search has to be done. We can’t keep bringing in assistants under our coaching tree, and we can’t bring in D2 Coaches, or assistants from other mid majors. We need and assistant from a big time coaching tree (duke, Michigan State, etc). Someone out there who is wanting a head coaching job to springboard themselves will take the kind of money we have to offer. We need a program upgrade and it starts with the staff and menaltity they instill on the players.

Thanks
    Nevermind.
    March on, you fighting Sycamores, Sycamores

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swsycamore View Post
    Losing as many games as we have in the last two minutes has to fall on Lansing. This is not a well coached team. I canoe is a see freshman mistakes when things get tough, but the team leader ignoring his team mates and foolishly driving against the big trees is discouraging. 18 seconds left down by 5 and he is driving for a lay up? Holy shit. Let's stop the bleeding and get a real coach and a real coaching staff.
    I think he is a real and good coach that has administrative limitations outside of his control. In turn it effects ISU to recruit.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to region rat For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by region rat View Post
    I think he is a real and good coach that has administrative limitations outside of his control. In turn it effects ISU to recruit.
    What administrative limitations are you talking about?

Starter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meistro View Post
    What administrative limitations are you talking about?
    Smallest basketball budget in the Valley, for starters.

https://m.facebook.com/enthusiadams/...33130316961851

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    Smallest basketball budget in the Valley, for starters.

https://m.facebook.com/enthusiadams/...33130316961851
    Amen, recruits know this and this severely limits his ability to recruit. Some recruits have agents and other coaches pointing this out if they also want the recruit. In many cases it comes down to following the $$$$$$$$$$$. I think Lansing has done better than average as a coach! He is an exceptional coach!
    Last edited by region rat; 02-11-2018 at 03:44 PM.