Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 188

Thread: Lansing

  1. #41
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Terre Haute, In.
    Posts
    2,104
    Thanks
    3,477
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 609 Posts
    Rep Power
    64

    Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    And by then it won't matter because after three more losing seasons, make that seven straight, the program will be so irrelevant no one other than us will care. Oh wait ... that's already been the case for at least three decades.
    True to a point. But, the Menser/Renn & Odum years brought out a lot more interest and then we dumped again. We've never given this town a consistent winner to follow. As much as we talk about not having any money. I believe if we have another losing year next year, we will have a new coach one way or another the following year. I don't believe we'll go into a new arena with this coach if he doesn't atleast get to .500 next year.

  2. #42
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    12,500
    Thanks
    387
    Thanked 898 Times in 591 Posts
    Rep Power
    69
    I wish I could say I'm just being a smart ass, but I'm really not. The university has neglected athletics as a whole for so long that it's gone well beyond funding. Losing and mediocrity is a mentality at ISU now. Coaches can be below .500 for multiple seasons and not get fired. That's been the case for decades now. Losing is OK so long as you say you're trying. If only, in retrospect, we knew how lucky we were those years when we were just a couple of games above .500 and thought we were too good for the CBI and CIT, or whatever the hell they are/were called. Money isn't enough to solve the problem, we've already seen that with football. Losing/giving up it's a mentality at Indiana State.
    Fear the Trees!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to bent20 For This Useful Post:


  4. #43
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Terre Haute, In.
    Posts
    2,104
    Thanks
    3,477
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 609 Posts
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    I wish I could say I'm just being a smart ass, but I'm really not. The university has neglected athletics as a whole for so long that it's gone well beyond funding. Losing and mediocrity is a mentality at ISU now. Coaches can be below .500 for multiple seasons and not get fired. That's been the case for decades now. Losing is OK so long as you say you're trying. If only, in retrospect, we knew how lucky we were those years when we were just a couple of games above .500 and thought we were too good for the CBI and CIT, or whatever the hell they are/were called. Money isn't enough to solve the problem, we've already seen that with football. Losing/giving up it's a mentality at Indiana State.
    I can tell you with absolute certainty, that’s not the mentality of Clinkscales.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to meistro For This Useful Post:


  6. #44
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    12,500
    Thanks
    387
    Thanked 898 Times in 591 Posts
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by meistro View Post
    I can tell you with absolute certainty, that’s not the mentality of Clinkscales.
    That's the only way it's going to change is through good leadership (including from coaches).
    Fear the Trees!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to bent20 For This Useful Post:


  8. #45
    Legend TreeTop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,059
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 823 Times in 553 Posts
    Rep Power
    57
    If I'm not mistaken...

    If he's fired after this season, the buyout would be $747,000 (and that's not happening).
    After next season $498,00 (getting warmer).
    After the following season $249,000 (hot seat!).
    March on, you fighting Sycamores, Sycamores

  9. #46
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    the haute
    Posts
    2,809
    Thanks
    1,442
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 727 Posts
    Rep Power
    74
    Yeah we might as well table the fire Lansing discussion until at least next off season..And honestly that is the perfect timeline to get a final and definite idea of whether he can coach at this level or if it was all JO13 dragging him along those first 4 years....Most of us have a pretty decent opinion one way or another as of now..But there will really be no ? about it with another failed season next year..Sure he swung and missed this season with a decently talented bunch, but next season adding the two transfers and another year of growth for Barnes,Key, Hughes to go with some senior bigs (usually by far best year for bigs, think Kitch. Walker, or Murph) and hopefully a JC transfer big..If he can't get that group over the hump to competing for something other than Thursday?? Not sure how you defend that..
    Last edited by Southgrad07; 02-13-2018 at 10:07 AM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Southgrad07 For This Useful Post:


  11. #47
    All-Conference
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Carmel
    Posts
    874
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 282 Times in 162 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    If SOMETHING is not done, and I hate to have anyone fired -- especially when you don't know what you can get to replace ....but at the rate we are going down hill ...........
    Teams not playing really any better
    Real attendance dropping further and further
    Energy and enthusiasm in Hulman Center near an all-time low
    Cheer squad gone -- Sycamore Sam (God bless someone for doing it) basically stands around on the floor or sidelines, dance team has all the energy of a dead battery
    Thought Clink was committed to changing the atmosphere ??? -- note the above plus what promos are left are not any better than past ones (and there aren't many at all), the blinding lighting of the upper sections of seats is back
    No special promos for games -- and in traditional ISU form things like Alumni Day wasn't announced until the day before -- at least on Gosycamores so I had no idea it was taking place.
    Did I mention the team is not really making any improvement ? ? ?

    Point is there may not be much to save in 2 -- 3 years .....and a shiny new Hulman Center will be just as empty (or more) than the present Hulman Center.

  12. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, IN
    Posts
    10,037
    Thanks
    1,537
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 820 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    How 'bout Clink & ISU Administrators schedule a meeting to arrange a GL "contract revision" for the "betterment of ISU Athletics?" If they need pointers, contact Missouri State.

    https://www.news-leader.com/story/sp...ays/318512002/

  13. #49
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    12,500
    Thanks
    387
    Thanked 898 Times in 591 Posts
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by BankShot View Post
    How 'bout Clink & ISU Administrators schedule a meeting to arrange a GL "contract revision" for the "betterment of ISU Athletics?" If they need pointers, contact Missouri State.

    https://www.news-leader.com/story/sp...ays/318512002/
    Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. It is interesting though, considering Lusk and Missouri State have had a better year this year than us (overall), and were better last year.
    Fear the Trees!

  14. #50
    Legend TreeTop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,059
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 823 Times in 553 Posts
    Rep Power
    57

    Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. It is interesting though, considering Lusk and Missouri State have had a better year this year than us (overall), and were better last year.
    Lusk has never had a winning record in the MVC. And MSU should have dominated the MVC this year. If not dominated, at the very least be in a battle for first place.
    March on, you fighting Sycamores, Sycamores


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •