Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Lansing

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 1,747 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Unbelievable is one adjective. When you break it down, it averages out to like $1000 and change per donor to boot. We literally, don't have a pot to piss in and people are calling for people to walk away from over a half million dollars.
    Itís been spelled out rather clearly for months Jason, literally months. But said ďpeopleĒ want to not understand it or choose to redirect.

Look Wichita State didnít outrun the mid major ranks because they were cash strapped. Creighton wasnít in this predicament. Butler isnít having these conversations.

Money and success in college athletics are directly associated with one another. Blaming our failures on our money issues is not an endorsement of Greg Lansing. Rather, acknowledging how difficult it makes building a consistent winner is - this by no means suggests that throwing more money at Lansing will assure more wins.

You seriously want to cheer for a winner at Indiana State? You make clear that 13 wins is unfreaking acceptable and then you move on. Buy season tickets. Donate. Put a team in the isu hoops golf outing. Keep posting on here. Support the Sycamores through the duration of Lansings contract - if he wins great, if not his current contract will undoubtedly be the last contract he sees from us. Your only choice is to cheer for his success - the contract is what it is and itís not going to go away.

Get busy getting over it or keep being miserable & upset over what just took place of the course of 4 months.
    Roll Timber!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 905 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post

Get busy getting over it or keep being miserable & upset over what just took place of the course of 4 months.
    is there a third option, because both of those choices suck!

All-Conference
    Thanks
    We’re so cash strapped we signed a kid from Europe who our staff, to my knowledge, never saw play in person. That was a cheap recruiting visit!

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
    is there a third option, because both of those choices suck!

If miserable and upset are considered the same thing - then no. I figured some people might be upset without being miserable so you kinda have a 3rd option.

I'm sorry, unless we've got a wad of cash laying around that hasn't been accounted for in the ledger then those are your only options.
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 905 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    If miserable and upset are considered the same thing - then no. I figured some people might be upset without being miserable so you kinda have a 3rd option.

I'm sorry, unless we've got a wad of cash laying around that hasn't been accounted for in the ledger then those are your only options.
    Damn, I was afraid you would say that.

Thanks
    I cant remember if I heard this or thought it but is our current policy that we wont pay a coach more that the University President?

Legend
    Thanks
    I think most of us understand the situation. I've acknowledged we can't afford to buyout Lansing. I certainly can't afford to throw a "wad of cash" in to help pay off his contract. I'm trying to buy a new house right now (nothing lavish I can assure you). Like most here I don't have deep pockets. Sure I'll continue to support the team and hope we turn it around and win, but after six years (even the last two winning seasons were disappointments) it's pretty reasonable to have little faith in Lansing to get it done. That's not about being miserable or upset, it's acknowledging the reality of the situation. Once you do that there is very little to get upset about. Indiana State has been so pitiful in so many sports for so long, it's not hard to manage low expectations.
    Fear the Trees!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bent20 For This Useful Post:

Legend
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    I cant remember if I heard this or thought it but is our current policy that we wont pay a coach more that the University President?
    Lansing made $268,698 in 2017. That was third most at the university behind Bradley and the VP of academic affairs.

For those curious, Clinkscales was at $211,382 and Mallory at $180,995.

Can look it all up yourself by going here: https://gateway.ifionline.org/report_builder/

Just click on employee compensation and search for Indiana State University.
    Fear the Trees!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bent20 For This Useful Post: