Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 Times in 3,045 Posts

[February 21, 2018] Indiana State (11-17) vs Evansville (16-13)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (11-17, 6-10 MVC) vs. Evansville Purple Aces (16-13, 6-10 MVC)

Hulman Center - Terre Haute, IN
    Wednesday, February 21st
    7:00 PM EST Tip
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Game one of a six game winning streak?
    March on, you fighting Sycamores, Sycamores

Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 Times in 3,045 Posts

No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

All-American
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    Game one of a six game winning streak?
    Well that would suck. Perhaps a seven game winning streak would be better. Maybe a first round win over wichita city college would be better. I actually have no faith that we will win another game. I will be there Wednesday evening supporting them as usual. I will be in St Louis also but not until Saturday. If they want me to see them play then they had better win a couple before I get there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sycamore tuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Four years ago today our Sycamores defeated the Purple Aces to earn their21st win of the season. My, how things have changed.

Let's go Trees! Repeat that performance from 4 years ago. Beat Evansville! To me beating the Aces is a big deal, and a loss to the Aces is devastating.
    Last edited by Sycamore Proud; 02-19-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sycamore Proud For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,767 Posts
    Big time players make big time plays. Vs. Southern Scott had the ball late and opted to pass to Deady in the post who proceeded to turn it over - bad turnover on Deady worse decision by Scott to give it to him in that situation. Barnes has been equally as awful in crunch time - his decision making down the stretch has been poor and his big shot making ability has been negated because of defense and his size. Lansing like hasn't learned his lesson on this yet - I'd probably give it to Davis down the stretch the rest of the season. I don't trust anyone else with the ball and the game on the line.

Roll Timber!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 727 Posts
    Always kills me that we give to "the guy" every year in crunch time..now if you have a clear alpha who has walked the walk and talked the talk?? then ok.. I'm not thrilled with doing it 100% of the time.. but fine GL give em the ball and trust they make the right call. I can live with that.. Odum and b4 him menser were good candiates to make a smart call on what to do...

But when you don't have that guy?? Why on earth don't we just run normal offense or if you want to isolate someone at least do it with your hot hand for that game (davis or even murph in last game for instance). The last 4 years we have iso'd/ pick and rolled Brown the first 2 yrs, Scott last yr, and jb this yr..None of them have proven to be able to make sound decisions late in games when you just roll it out there and say go get me something...that is not a knock on them either! All talented offensive players and if it's their night then cool draw it up for them..but none are the type you just say here make the winning play no matter what..that is lazy coaching if you ask me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Southgrad07 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'd guess this is our best, and maybe only, shot to get to 10 D-I wins this season (we have just 9 D-I wins, ugh). And we need to win to avoid 20 losses once again.

I don't see us winning at Bradley this weekend, and then next Thursday in St Louis will more than likely end our season with a blowout loss, as has been the case the past several years.

So let's at least win Weds to get that 10th D-I win and avoid 20 losses again!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,554 Times in 924 Posts
    If we can't get a win tomorrow at home against Evansville, we should just shut it down for the season. No trip to Bradley, don't even bother going to St. Louis. Just shut it all down and get started on next year.

And Evansville fans are probably thinking the same thing if they can't beat us! Neither program can brag much if they win, but can be downright sick to their stomach if they lose.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,109 Times in 692 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Meh.

That’s about all I have to say about this game.

Congrats to the seniors.