Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Alford-Iowa (Pierce Rape) Lansing letter to victim

Register to remove this advertisement
    Ooops. Yesterday's history, is today's news.

https://www.ocregister.com/2013/04/1...s-question-it/

"Harty said he received a belated letter from then Iowa assistant Greg Lansing, in which the dorm incident was “barely acknowledged” and the coach described Pierce as “a good kid.”

There's about a thousand questions that need to be asked, here's mine:

1. In the letter that Lansing wrote, was it he who described Pierre Pierce (the rapist) as “a good kid?”? If so, what was Greg Lansig basing this characterization on?

2. Did Indiana State know about Lansing’s’ letter to the rape victim, when he interviewed for both the Assistant and Head Coaching jobs?

3. What did Lansing convey to the ISU AD about his involvement in this mess, when he was hired as an Assistant Coach?

4. This is a major event in a coach's career. Did Lansing note his letter writing capabilies and this entire incident on his resume when applying for both the Assistant and Head Coaching coaching jobs at Indiana State?

5. When Lansing was positioned for the head coaching job, what did Ron Prettyman know about Lansing’s involvement at Iowa?

6. Who at Iowa ordered Greg Lansing to write the belated apology letter that barely acknowledged the incident a.k.a. the rape?
    -If Greg wasn't ordered to write the apology letter, did he volunteer?
    -If Greg didn't know that Pierce was a sex predator, why didn't he? Was he trying to shield one of Iowa's better players from prosecution?

7. What did Angie Lansing know about Greg's involvement with the writing of the "letter of apology" to the girl who was raped?
    - If Angie knew about the incident but wasn't forthcoming to the AD, wouldn't this represent concealment of information crucial to Lansing's fitness as ISU Head Coach? It seems like there is some transparency, but was it ALL transparent. See link below.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-indiana-state

8. If UCLA is upset with Alford and this whole fiasco, why wasn't (or isn't) ISU concerned about Lansing’s involvement?

Frankly, if the university was ever looking for a legal opportunity to terminate Lansing's contract w/o damages, this may be as good a reason as any, as it appears to have ALL been hidden from the PUBLIC.

IMO, this is one of these things that needs some clarity from the ISU Athletic Department, and probably from the university president, regardless of who was in office then, and who holds these offices today.

And a final comment, why isn't the local media putting all of this together. Reporting this information is their job, not a blogger on a sports fan page.
    Last edited by Gotta Hav; 02-21-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    a.k.a. The Blue MOSQUITO

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 820 Posts
    Curious...did GL recruit Pierce out of Chicago, thus his "greater knowledge" re: Pierce's character? Or was GL's letter simply "staff protocol" in an attempt to shield one of Iowa's better recruits from a felony rape charge?

Pierce Bio:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Pierce

Also curious if Angie & GL had discussed this incident and its potential impact on their careers as they returned to TH, where she had accepted a job as ISU SENIOR WOMEN'S ADMINISTRATOR in the Athletic Department.

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local...6e8aef97e.html

Last (but not least), I note the Katz ESPN column that was cited, where GL made the following statement:

""It doesn't hurt to have my wife as the business manager. I hope that means there is job security."

If this doesn't establish a baseline of "conflict of interest" in ISU employment, nothing will.

Check this U. of Iowa article out re: "Conflict of Interest" management plans. Did ISU have any such plan in '06? Now?

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/ne...erest-20141116
    Last edited by BankShot; 02-25-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    This is some mushy stuff...almost "Enquirer-like." Here's a piece that goes a lil' more in depth on the "Pierre Pierce Story" @ Iowa...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-pierre-pierce

"Enquiring minds wanna know..."

So did GL & Alfie act in collusion to "coverup" the initial sexual assault on Sept.7, 2002? Attempts to manipulate this crime IN-HOUSE were unsuccessful, then Alfie contacted his Athletes in Action (AIA) buddy to attempt a "prayer resolution," which also failed. Finally, a "power broker" defense attorney paid by Iowa athletic boosters negotiates a plea agreement "behind the back" of the Assistant Prosecutor (Anne Lahey), while the Prosecutor (Patrick White) was recovering from quintuple heart bypass surgery. Here's a description via Anne Lahey of the final "agreement" that gave Pierce a misdemeanor for felony rape:

I was actually the prosecutor on the case. When the Defense Attorneys could not get the deal (or any deal ) they wanted from me, they contacted Mr. White without my knowledge. Mr. White was recovering from serious surgery; I believe his weakened state contributed to the deal that was made. He knew my position on the matter and respected my wishes that my name not appear on the document. He signed the plea agreement at his house. I had to represent it in court as he was unable to do so. The Defense said something that made it sound like I was in favor of the resolution. The press asked me about it and I made it clear that what had happened ( in the resolution of the case ) was clearly not my message and I was just the messenger. I did not say this to the press, but by 2002 I had been prosecuting sexual assault cases for about twenty years and that was a brutal assault. I may not have remembered my words so clearly, but Mr. Pierce was allowed back on the basketball team

Note the following article in the Indy Star last Spring, when the "Hire Alfie" chants were filling the air in the 'Nap:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...dumb/99361610/

Yep GL, "he's a good kid." Must be why you had him "send a message" to your team last October.
    Last edited by BankShot; 03-02-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Starter
    Thanks
    The legal acumen of some on this message board makes me laugh. This has all been out for years and ISU higher-ups have known about it for years. Put away your tin foil hats and pick up a first year law school contracts textbook.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hooper For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    You da man, Hoop...what area of law do you specialize? Perhaps you can explain more clearly GL's role in the 2002 letter writing incident or initial Sept 2, 202 rape coverup?
    Last edited by BankShot; 03-02-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,034 Times in 3,030 Posts
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BankShot View Post
    You da man, Hoop...what area of law do you specialize? Perhaps you can explain more clearly GL's role in the 2002 letter writing incident?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	1379

Starter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BankShot View Post
    You da man, Hoop...what area of law do you specialize? Perhaps you can explain more clearly GL's role in the 2002 letter writing incident?
    I’m not going to go into my resume. And I purposefully haven’t given my legal opinion on the how/why/what will ultimately happen if Lansing’s contract is litigated. It’s not appropriate given my current position.

I come on here to get away from law and just talk ISU sports.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    The legal acumen of some on this message board makes me laugh. This has all been out for years and ISU higher-ups have known about it for years. Put away your tin foil hats and pick up a first year law school contracts textbook.

Hey Grass Hopper, speaking of TIN FOIL hats. This is my 1st attempt to put poetry and Grass Hopper quotes into words for SP...so here goes.

P.S. I didn't use TIN FOIL, I used regular old Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil...the heavy gauge kind. Tin Foil is hard to find, expensive and really hard to make one of those hats, that's in the shape of a boat.

I’ve learnt to gather simplicity from the Grass Hopper
    I like his mind, even though he never knows exactly when to stop chirping
    and I envy his ability to mingle with the blue pride bloggers
    as one of them

How did I do? I think it's pretty darn good!

Hey, honestly....my motivation here hopper is to keep the seat as HOT as possible. Hard to believe GL is only 14 on this list, cuz he's numero uno on mine.

https://fansided.com/2017/11/08/coll...es-hot-seat/3/
    a.k.a. The Blue MOSQUITO

Legend
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I'm struggling to understand why you guys think this is news NOW. It would have at least made more sense to bring it up back in October when Lansing brought Pierce in to talk to the team, but I think I was the only one critical of him for doing that.
    Fear the Trees!