Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

'18 IN PG Craig Porter (Vincennes)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Has anyone seen this TH South kid play? Seems like he may be a late bloomer...
    The Dude: I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man

All-American
    Thanks
    I’ve seen him 10-15 times this year. Very late bloomer. Last number I seen for him, he was averaging 14pts, 8rbs, 3assists, 2 steals and near 3 blocks a game which is phenomenal for anyone, especially a point guard. He plays a lot like Odum offensively as he’s a slasher but he is an ok outside shooter. Very good athlete, as good as anyone. THS played Danville, Il the last game of the year and they have a guard going to Drake. Porter had 28,11 and 2 blocks.

He needs to get stronger as he is real thin. The guards from Brownsburg and Avon were very strong and they gave him some issues. I think he’d be better off going to a JC or at least redshirting as a freshman at a bigger school.

I did see an interview with his coach, Maynard Lewis, who was Mr. Basketball runner-up and played at Purdue and he said he’s definitely a D-1 player. We’ll see what happens.

A recent news story:

http://www.wthitv.com/content/sports...474515843.html
    Last edited by True Blue; 03-08-2018 at 08:48 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to True Blue For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 717 Posts
    Yep, can't argue with that. Would like to see him go to a prep or JC and if he continues
    his development offer him. Or he could take the path of Harry Marshall or Odum before he blew up and just plan to walk on and prove you're a badass..ISU has proven if you are a player they will give you a scholarship.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Southgrad07 For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Saw him play last week in the sectional and I agree with the other two threads. I think he can play somewhere. Was impressed by his play and he may be the glue for that team.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Coach '72 For This Useful Post:

All-American
    Thanks
    Just made the supreme 15 All-State team. Very prestigious honor. Also, New Mexico State was in to see him today

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/4499610...mpression=true

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 Times in 1,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Just made the supreme 15 All-State team. Very prestigious honor. Also, New Mexico State was in to see him today

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/4499610...mpression=true
    AKA Lou was back in Terre Haute and decided to go to practice...
    Roll Timber!

All-American
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    AKA Lou was back in Terre Haute and decided to go to practice...
    What practice? Seasons over

Thanks
    What practice? Seasons over
    If I go out in the driveway and shoot the basketball and do some dribbling drills am I shooting around? Working out? Practicing? It was the word that I went with man - I realize practice is over. He went to watch him workout, does that make you feel better?

For whatever it's worth - Lansing and ISU have been in to see him workout too.
    Roll Timber!

All-American
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    If I go out in the driveway and shoot the basketball and do some dribbling drills am I shooting around? Working out? Practicing? It was the word that I went with man - I realize practice is over. He went to watch him workout, does that make you feel better?

For whatever it's worth - Lansing and ISU have been in to see him workout too.
    It would have been more correct to say he went to watch him practice or workout or shoot around.

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    It would have been more correct to say he went to watch him practice or workout or shoot around.
    Okay. I will not go back and edit it - thank you for the correction, I definitely should have been more specific.

Rick Semmler tweeted this out a little bit ago.

I was about as misleading saying practice as Rick was saying New Mexico State was in to watch Porter. That translates out much differently when the guy's family is still here and he's in to "watch him practice or workout or shoot around" a kid with no D1 offers - that's interesting. Some people that don't know the situation will assume that New Mexico State sent a coach all the way across the country to check him out - sorry that isn't the case.

Rick going out of his way to promote the fact that New Mexico State is in to see a kid that he knows damn good and well Indiana State is trying to get and then comes at me via text suggesting that I have something against Craig Porter the basketball player. No I'm good - I know nothing about Craig Porter the basketball player. I simply found it hysterical that you painted the picture that you did.
    Last edited by SycamoreStateofMind; 03-22-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    Roll Timber!