Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 783 Posts

The Perfect Season

Register to remove this advertisement
    I know this season was a bit disappointing to most, but I thought I'd just share some fun I had while being a kid for a few hours...after all, this is what we all long for, right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ISU Video Game.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	1386

It was a fun season. And no, I don't play the games. I just recruit and let the computer simulate the games. I'm not nearly fast enough to do the playing!

It was a fun distraction...and I love seeing the "#1" next to Indiana State!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyTreeFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,034 Times in 3,030 Posts
    I remember when I could play college basketball games... thanks Ed O'Bannon!
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think you can blame Ron Prettyman for this. or at least that seems to be a safe response lately

6. The Following User Says Thank You to niklz62 For This Useful Post:

Legend
    Thanks
    I still play my old 2K game on occasion. Highlight was the year I drafted the no. 1 and no. 2 prospects to ISU, and paired them up with my 7' 1" center who was the number one recruit the previous season. Reality? Meh, who needs it?

And in football, there was the game where my ISU team upset Florida State on the road on the next-to-last play of the game with a Franco Harris immaculate reception-like play. I'll spare you the details before I nerd out too badly, but it was fun. The only time I can ever remember a video game leaving me with my heart pounding.
    Last edited by bent20; 03-09-2018 at 07:46 PM.
    Fear the Trees!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bent20 For This Useful Post:

Legend
    Thanks
    OK, I lied, I'm not going to spare you guys the details. So there is 10 seconds left in the game, we're at around our 40 down two points. It's 4th and 10, last chance. I throw it deep down the right sideline. Receiver and defender go up and the ball gets batted backward. Coming from off the screen, our reserve TE catches it and takes it all the way to their five before being tackled. Two seconds left. I hurry the team to the line, but I don't remember the button to spike the ball, so we run the same play. Right as my QB is about to be hit, I dump it off to my RB coming out of the backfield, he gets hit at the two by TWO guys, but muscles his way into the end zone to win with no time left on the clock. It truly was one for the ages. And we went on to win the championship that season.

I really don't see why it's so hard for us to not be able to do the same thing in real life. Annnnnnd that's a joke obviously.
    Fear the Trees!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bent20 For This Useful Post:

MVP
    Thanks
    Anybody ever play those old college baseball games from like 2006 and 2007?? I used to love that game. Would always play as ISU and would make it Omaha almost every year.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to landrus13 For This Useful Post:

Role Player
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    I know this season was a bit disappointing to most, but I thought I'd just share some fun I had while being a kid for a few hours...after all, this is what we all long for, right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ISU Video Game.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	1386

It was a fun season. And no, I don't play the games. I just recruit and let the computer simulate the games. I'm not nearly fast enough to do the playing!

It was a fun distraction...and I love seeing the "#1" next to Indiana State!!!
    What game is this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CicrtckySycamore View Post
    What game is this?
    NCAA March Madness 2006. An oldie but a goodie.

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by landrus13 View Post
    Anybody ever play those old college baseball games from like 2006 and 2007?? I used to love that game. Would always play as ISU and would make it Omaha almost every year.
    I have all those old games (basketball, football, and baseball) and still play them regularly on PS2.

MVP
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I miss having that baseball game. I need to find a copy and buy it. Used to play for hours.