Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 3,115 Posts

If Oklahoma gets in this year, I don't ever want to hear...

Register to remove this advertisement
    A thing from the selection committee or national media about scheduling, metrics, finishing strong or whatever else shit they try to throw against a wall to look down on mid-major teams. That teams has NO BUSINESS being in the tournament and every talk radio station I've listened to for the last couple days has had shills on talking about how they deserve to be in. Get the fuck out of here with that noise. They have a dynamic player and that's it.

18-13 on the year, 8-10 in the B12, 3-9 in the last 12. Six of their 18 wins come against Sub 150 teams, 2-9 on the road and I don't give a shit about the inflated SOS numbers. They were 10-3 heading into conference play and had ONE non-con road game.

That resume is shit. Absolute dog shit.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 Times in 744 Posts
    Couldn't agree more..and that just goes to show you how rigged the system is..take for instance our 2013 team...had a great non con. with signature wins in Hawaii and then early in conference play...but then the last 1 1/2 months we shit the bed and didn't deserve to get in and what do you know we weren't even in the discussion...

Oklahoma is literally the same story..great out the gate and early in conference play..but the last 2 months they have been straight trash..yet they will prob get in bc they got housed by good teams for the last 2 months

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Southgrad07 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    There was a fair amount of chatter regarding the "south bend" reform school's chances. 20-14 (after 2 wins in a tourney, 8-10 in conf, 1-6 vs ranked teams. Losses to our regional campus and gloomington... Biggest thing on their resume is colson has returned from injury and winning the maui tourney. It's bullshit if they get a bid... Lunardi had emailed a bubble team,.they are at best a mid-strength NIT team
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Q_iu For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts
    Totally agree. I love the tournament, but the selection process is a joke. Loyola would not have gotten in if they’d lost last Sunday, and these 13 & 14 loss teams would have. I don’t want to hear the SOS argument with that many losses.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to meistro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oklahoma isn't the only BC$ team that should NOT be in, there are many others, I was glad Davidson just won, so that knocks another team out, but it'll probably be St Mary's and lowly Arizona State will make it in.

The whole system is rigged, I will watch very few, if any (other than Loyola) games this year. Go Ramblers!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 939 Posts
    Oklahoma will get in, mark it down. Will be shocked if they don't.

Middle Tennessee will be left out. Will be shocked if they get in.

Was glad to see Davidson win this afternoon if for no other reason than committee has to let them in now and can't give that spot to Oklahoma, Arizona State, Louisville or some other average (at best) P5 school that plays 95% of their OOC games at home.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluethunder For This Useful Post:

All-American
    Thanks
    Take it easy on CBS, I mean the selection committee. They work for the ncaa. Prettyman says the ncaa just does what the membership wants. I'm sure most schools love being left out in favor af a P5 school with a less than stellar season.

Starter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
    Oklahoma will get in, mark it down. Will be shocked if they don't.

Middle Tennessee will be left out. Will be shocked if they get in.

Was glad to see Davidson win this afternoon if for no other reason than committee has to let them in now and can't give that spot to Oklahoma, Arizona State, Louisville or some other average (at best) P5 school that plays 95% of their OOC games at home.
    Don't kid yourself. I will be shocked if St Mary's is not the team that is going to get left out because of Davidson, rather than a P5 school. Oklahoma will be in because of they know they will boost the ratings because of Trey Young.

Middle Tennessee on the other hand should be in, but they have no shot. Their RPI is 34th (last I checked) and their non-conf SOS is #8.

Honestly if you can't finish above .500 in conference and if you are too pathetic to win 20 (D1) games then you shouldn't be allowed in the NCAA tournament period. On the other hand it's totally ridiculous that a 28-5 team has to sweat it out on selection Sunday.
    Last edited by Sycamorefan96; 03-11-2018 at 06:26 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sycamorefan96 For This Useful Post:

Starter
    Thanks
    HAHAHA Oklahoma made it and they weren't even "the last 4 in". St Mary's is of course out. Glad Davidson won though, because they probably would have left SM out regardless.

Loyola is going to play Miami (FL).

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    HAHAHA Oklahoma made it and they weren't even "the last 4 in". St Mary's is of course out. Glad Davidson won though, because they probably would have left SM out regardless.

Loyola is going to play Miami (FL).
    unbelievable, I hope whoever plays OU and Ariz State beats them to a pulp, the NCAA is so rigged, just unreal that St Marys was left out.