Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,404 Times in 3,244 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Charlotte hired UVA's AHC Ron Sanchez.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Missouri State hire Dana Ford from Tennessee State
    Make State Great Again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    Looks like Walter McCarty is the frontrunner for the Evansville job. Seems like he’s got a good resume, what do you all think of the potential MVC hire?

And the Missouri State search looks like an Abbott and Costello routine.
    Seems like a risky move to be quite honest. I question hiring anyone at this level without any head coaching experience. Of the three candidates mentioned, only Ragland had some head coaching experience and that was at the JUCO level. I'm surprised they didn't have a finalist with D1 head coaching seat time.

As for Missouri State, at least they are ending up with a guy with head coaching experience. While Ford has been up and down, I'd imagine the challenges of being at a public HBCU is difficult.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Seems like a risky move to be quite honest. I question hiring anyone at this level without any head coaching experience. Of the three candidates mentioned, only Ragland had some head coaching experience and that was at the JUCO level. I'm surprised they didn't have a finalist with D1 head coaching seat time.

As for Missouri State, at least they are ending up with a guy with head coaching experience. While Ford has been up and down, I'd imagine the challenges of being at a public HBCU is difficult.
    Wasn't there some bad blood between WSU and ILSU because of Ford leaving one to go to the other? Or was that someone else?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    Wasn't there some bad blood between WSU and ILSU because of Ford leaving one to go to the other? Or was that someone else?
    No, I think it was him. I think their board also wanted him if Muller ever left.

All-American
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post

Lansing had no head coaching experience....and I think Walter's resume is a tad better than Lansings lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreinTexas View Post
    Lansing had no head coaching experience....and I think Walter's resume is a tad better than Lansings lol
    Not quibble, but....I'm quibbling...

From GoSycamores.com:

Prior to joining the staff at Indiana State, Lansing was the head basketball coach at Roosevelt High School in Des Moines, Iowa. Roosevelt had not had a winning season in 12 years before Lansing’s initial season. The Roughriders went on to have back-to-back winning seasons under Greg’s direction.
    NO EXCUSES

All-American
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    Not quibble, but....I'm quibbling...

From GoSycamores.com:

Prior to joining the staff at Indiana State, Lansing was the head basketball coach at Roosevelt High School in Des Moines, Iowa. Roosevelt had not had a winning season in 12 years before Lansing’s initial season. The Roughriders went on to have back-to-back winning seasons under Greg’s direction.
    Really? I think College assistant and NBA assistant coaching has a higher value than high school head coach...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreinTexas View Post
    Really? I think College assistant and NBA assistant coaching has a higher value than high school head coach...
    I'm simply pointing out that he does have head coaching experience.
    NO EXCUSES

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Hot rumor is Xavier's Mack could be headed to Louisville.