Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    How so? I'd much rather be in Illinois State's position. Do you realize their last losing season was in 2006-2007?

Bradley and Evansville are private and putting money toward the programs, so not sure they're worse off.
    BENT, ISUR is on the edge of those other schools but I have several contacts in Normalville that spell out a different story in the locker room, and none of them know each other and somehow they are ALL on the same wavelength. We all know they are capable of being on top but somehow fall short regularly. I was told they may lose a couple of discontents. I may or may not be right on the ISUR statement but mark it as a maybe. Evansville will be lucky to fill their roster, period and they are a mess. BSU is Ball State, not Bradley, and BSU has some internal issues as well and a school continues to draw poorly despite having a decent record. We'll see on them. Unfortunately my crystal ball got a crack in it. I knew it was broken when it placed UMBC in the Final Four.
    Last edited by Bally #50; 03-29-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Legend
    Thanks
    Interesting if true about Illinois State.

I read BSU as BU, sorry. Honestly, I don't think about Ball State as much as many others here do because they're not in our conference.

It does seem like we've had many internal issues of our own that seem to prevent us from winning.
    Fear the Trees!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    Interesting if true about Illinois State.

I read BSU as BU, sorry. Honestly, I don't think about Ball State as much as many others here do because they're not in our conference.

It does seem like we've had many internal issues of our own that seem to prevent us from winning.
    My guess B20, is that you are a grad from the last 15 years or so because the "younger" alums don't follow Ball State at all like we old fogey alums from the 60's and 70's. I was "born again" to HATE Ball State in 1967 when I turned BLUE. Every time I see BSU hoop highlights in the 14K capacity Worthen Arena (they actually draw less than we do), I have a deep chuckle. I'm LOVIN' IT!

Let's face it, one of the more serious negatives with Coach Lansing's regime, is the amount of players "lost" during the summer. Sometimes it has worked out but at times, but it causes the coaches to make changes to fit available players and, at times, has made the non-conf part of the season kind of disjointed. My gut feeling is that we'll lose 1-2 more this summer as well so like you say, it could once again could, prevent us from winning. What an awesome way of putting it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally #50 View Post
    My guess B20, is that you are a grad from the last 15 years or so because the "younger" alums don't follow Ball State at all like we old fogey alums from the 60's and 70's. I was "born again" to HATE Ball State in 1967 when I turned BLUE. Every time I see BSU hoop highlights in the 14K capacity Worthen Arena (they actually draw less than we do), I have a deep chuckle. I'm LOVIN' IT!

Let's face it, one of the more serious negatives with Coach Lansing's regime, is the amount of players "lost" during the summer. Sometimes it has worked out but at times, but it causes the coaches to make changes to fit available players and, at times, has made the non-conf part of the season kind of disjointed. My gut feeling is that we'll lose 1-2 more this summer as well so like you say, it could once again could, prevent us from winning. What an awesome way of putting it.
    Isn't it apparent that we have 1-2 on the bench that would be better at another level of competition? I will not mention names or positions. JMHO.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore Proud View Post
    Isn't it apparent that we have 1-2 on the bench that would be better at another level of competition? I will not mention names or positions. JMHO.
    No doubt, SP. Like I said earlier, some of those changes were exactly that, players leaving that were weak links on the court, Alex Etherington comes to mind. We have lost players that definitely hurt the team when they left too. It hurts when ANY player leaves because it looks bad for the team but when it counts, in November, nobody gives a hoot. Just WIN and everyone is happy. By the way, sorry I had to miss the last game and I didn't get to say bye at the end of the season. That sure was a lot of fun having those seats. You really get an idea what's happening on that bench when you can almost smell them, they are so close. Nice sitting by you my friend.

Thanks
    They were good seats. My friends, who tolerate me in the best way, and I have had those seats for a few years now. We moved down for the upper bowl. It was good to finally meet you--I enjoyed our visits. Not looking forward to what seating the next couple of years may bring. We are looking forward to the new HC. Hopefully we won't be paying a premium price for a plastic cafeteria chair. lol We usually make it down for a few baseball games. Hope to see your there. Have a good summer!
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 749 Posts
    Name me one significant player we’ve lost in the summer that had any material effect on our ability to win? Lansing deserves a lot of criticism, but we’ve had a remarkable track record of keeping our best players. Peek around the rest of the MVC specifically and you’ll see we are actually one of the best when it comes to retaining players (the ones we want) through graduation.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrokerZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,260 Times in 3,157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokerZ View Post
    Name me one significant player we’ve lost in the summer that had any material effect on our ability to win? Lansing deserves a lot of criticism, but we’ve had a remarkable track record of keeping our best players. Peek around the rest of the MVC specifically and you’ll see we are actually one of the best when it comes to retaining players (the ones we want) through graduation.
    Brant Leitnaker
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Brant Leitnaker
    I stand corrected.

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Brant Leitnaker
    Boda, Leitnaker is a bad example. He was a McKenna recruit and here for four injury plagued years. Don't think he played anywhere else.

"I want to thank everybody especially coach McKenna and coach Lansing for keeping me around since I wasn't recruited by them out of high school and they gave me the opportunity to play three years despite my injury situation. I want them to know that I really appreciate that," Leitnaker said. "I just don't feel like I can continue to battle my injuries for another year and I am on track to graduate so I feel like it is in my best interests to move on from basketball."
    The Dude: I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bluestreak For This Useful Post: