Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,886 Posts

Starting 5 predictions for next season

Register to remove this advertisement
    Duplicate post from phone for whatever reason...

Well it was showing up duplicate was only showing up on my phone apparently. I'm not going to attempt to recreate the post. The long and short of it was - Hughes isn't an iffy offensive player by any stretch. He needs to improve on the defensive side of the ball.
    Last edited by SycamoreStateofMind; 07-12-2018 at 08:47 AM.
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,404 Times in 3,244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner38 View Post
    I don't see Daniel H. playing at the PF spot. With him being 6'11 or close to it I'm sure he will play C. I don't know if he has improved enough to come in behind Rickman but I feel like he will get minutes vs Blake unless Blake is a special type of player that we just cant redhirt. I'm not sold on DH either though.
    I still don't see him playing much at all, regardless of position unless he has made huge strides.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    Duplicate post from phone for whatever reason...

Well it was showing up duplicate was only showing up on my phone apparently. I'm not going to attempt to recreate the post. The long and short of it was - Hughes isn't an iffy offensive player by any stretch. He needs to improve on the defensive side of the ball.
    And he has the tools to do it - athleticism, length, and an edge. Does he have the required discipline and drive? We’ll see in a couple of months. My guess is that he does. He seems to play with a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I like that. I hope he has a big “freshman to sophomore” jump.

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sgower9 View Post
    “Hughes (iffy)”

Why do you say this ? Asking for a friend
    I only say iffy because I been debating if we go with our best offensive lineup would we slide Clayton in there at that spot. Not that he couldn't play or anything.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Does anyone know where our staff is recruiting this weekend?

Benchwarmer
    Thanks
    Jordan
    key
    Williams
    Clayton
    Thomas/Bronson

Going off what I have heard around, they will be going small and hoping for the best. It also helps that Williams is 6'5" and Clayton is 6'6" (LISTED AT). All this said I don't believe this will work longer than two games.

Role Player
    Thanks
    I was just joking.

Thanks
    Going into conference and seeing what we have this would be my rotation.

PG- Williams
    G- Barnes
    G- Key
    PF- Thomas
    C- Rickman

I’d like to see Thomas get back into the starting role and here’s why. He doesn’t bring any energy off the bench and Clayton has struggled. I think we play him out of position. He needs to be up top either setting the high ball screen for Williams on the pick n pop or catching the initial pass and look for Barnes coming off screens. If we play him away from the basket I think it benefits us. He doesn’t catch the ball well around the basket and is too weak in there. Have him catch it out too as a threat to shoot it and look for the open man. He can be a matchup issue in our league.

Sub Bronson at the 5 to spare Rickman, Hughes at the 4 and play defensive lineup with Holston at the 3. Barnes slides to PG in second unit with Neese at the 2.

Washington comes in if we get in foul trouble at any guard spot.

Just my opinion

Let get a good start against the Ramblers!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to skdent1414 For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thomas gives us nothing. Why would he start?
    I think Hughes, Williams and Holston should get nearly all of the forward minutes.
    Part of the offense would be with Williams with the ball creating shots for others.
    I think CL will use Thomas some at center to pull the opposing center out of the middle.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 699 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamorebacker View Post
    Thomas gives us nothing. Why would he start?
    I think Hughes, Williams and Holston should get nearly all of the forward minutes.
    Part of the offense would be with Williams with the ball creating shots for others.
    I think CL will use Thomas some at center to pull the opposing center out of the middle.
    I don't agree that Thomas brings us nothing. Like several others on our team, he's inconsistent. He's not great in the post, but can hit the outside shot. We have 3 or 4 players that should be on the floor at all times. The others all depends on matchups and if they're locked in and ready to follow the game plan that night. If not, we're deep enough to bring somebody else in.