Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spring Game

Benchwarmer
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I agree. This is a big year for Coach Mallory. I think he handled last year very well, which is what a seasoned coach should do, but I also will not be happy if the team is not competitive this year. Winning is the ultimate goal but I would just like the team to play GOOD football this year. If they do, everything else will fall in place. There were definitely times the team did not look like they belonged in the conference. We should learn quickly if Coach has the program going in the right direction and the spring game is like Christmas morning, can't come soon enough!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ElkHunter For This Useful Post:

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    My expectations remain modest. Quality teams are 4th and 5th year player dominant in the front 7 on both sides of the ball and the Sycamores are still at least a season away from approaching that.

Starter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DyedBlue View Post
    My expectations remain modest. Quality teams are 4th and 5th year player dominant in the front 7 on both sides of the ball and the Sycamores are still at least a season away from approaching that.
    I've tempered my expectations too. Beat Quincy, hang with (or beat) EIU and win just one MVFC game is all I ask for 2018.

South Dakota State's spring game made a SportsCenter Top 10 highlight a few weeks ago. It made me realize that as years go by we are getting murdered in the facilities arms race. The game was played in their 32 million dollar practice facility. Not their brand new 65 million dollar football stadium mind you, but their practice facility. That's 100 million dollars worth of football facilities alone. Their bleachers in the practice facility looked packed.

And that's just one program we're needing to compete with in the conference. Say nothing of NDSU, USD, the Y, and the cool new stadium at ILSU that I posted about before. Even SIU is stepping up by firing their AD and reeling in nearly a million in athletic donations/commitments recently (half a mil of it from one guy).

We got work to do.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    I've tempered my expectations too. Beat Quincy, hang with (or beat) EIU and win just one MVFC game is all I ask for 2018.

South Dakota State's spring game made a SportsCenter Top 10 highlight a few weeks ago. It made me realize that as years go by we are getting murdered in the facilities arms race. The game was played in their 32 million dollar practice facility. Not their brand new 65 million dollar football stadium mind you, but their practice facility. That's 100 million dollars worth of football facilities alone. Their bleachers in the practice facility looked packed.

And that's just one program we're needing to compete with in the conference. Say nothing of NDSU, USD, the Y, and the cool new stadium at ILSU that I posted about before. Even SIU is stepping up by firing their AD and reeling in nearly a million in athletic donations/commitments recently (half a mil of it from one guy).

We got work to do.
    Yeah but our budget is higher than SDSU right?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,961 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    Yeah but our budget is higher than SDSU right?
    Yep, operational budget is higher.

Facilities are a separate cost center.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Yep, operational budget is higher.

Facilities are a separate cost center.
    which has been my point when we are talking about budgets

Role Player
    Thanks
    See you all there tomorrow for the game. Will be sitiing near the 50 yard line, There early. Will be a beautiful day in terradise. BTW. Thanks for all the talk. Most positive stuff. The season should be labeled "growth year" with an eye on the next couple.

Benchwarmer
    Thanks
    Yes. It is going to be a gorgeous day, with a great benefit prior, tailgating, etc, etc......getting more excited as the day goes by.....like a kid on Christmas Eve!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ElkHunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 765 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    I can't make it over for the game (wife is running in the Mini, and there will be lots of rest afterwards), but I am really excited to see this year's squad. I'd like to think that we'll surprise people this season. One can always hope.

If we see great development this year, the next few should be AWESOME!!!