Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Game

Role Player
    Thanks

Spring Game

Register to remove this advertisement
    Sounding like the spring game might be pretty cool this year. I saw that the team is partnering with a Down Syndrome society for a “buddy walk” at the stadium before the game and there will be tailgating and food outside before the game. Hopefully the town comes out to support.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3ColumnsOf11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great move by the Sycamores! Actions like this can create a strong bond between the team and fans/community.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Role Player
    Thanks
    #we will win.

Thanks

Sycamores Partner with Local Groups During Spring Game May 5th

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Sycamore Athletics and Indiana State Football have partnered with Down Syndrome Indiana - Terre Haute and Terre Haute Catholic Charities during the Blue & White Spring Game May 5th.

More...

MVP
    Thanks
    I'll likely be at the spring game if anyone else is going!

Role Player
    Thanks
    I will be in the stands.

Thanks
    im planning on being there

Role Player
    Thanks

Indiana State Spring Game--Outcomes?

Going into spring game. What are you looking for while watching the spring game??

MVP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore2021 View Post
    Going into spring game. What are you looking for while watching the spring game??
    I'm probably gonna keep my eye on the QBs and WRs.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,060 Times in 3,043 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore2021 View Post
    I won't be there but if this team is going to rebound in the MVC, here are my top 3 things:

1) Better QB play -- no ifs, ands or buts about it. This league is ultra competitive and often comes down to playmakers. Believe the Valley is returning 8 QBs with only us and USD starters not coming back -- Streveler to graduation and our mess was our mess last year. We need positive chunk plays on first and second down and I think no matter who lines up at RB/WR, the QB has to make the right decisions to accomplish this.

2) Compounding #1, our offensive line play has not been consistent under any head coach we've had. We lost our OL coach and brought in a pretty green coach that has never coached at the D1 level. He was, however, a grad assistant with Mallory at Michigan so there is at least some familiarity there. Off of the Xs and Os and back to Jimmy and Joes, will we have 5 guys that gel and can stay healthy together for a full season?

3) Pass Defense. We were dead last in the MVFC in Pass Efficiency Defense last year and by a large margin (over 50 yards per game) compared to the FCS average. Compared to the #1 (James Madison) and #2 (North Dakota State) teams, we were over 100 yards per game worse. I know the staff says glowing things about #1, but there were at least 20-30 times where he was flat out beat deep last year. If we're watching the back of his jersey over and over again this year, we're likely headed for another long season. He's way too athletic to get beat that much.

If you want to expand on that, our entire defense was suspect. We were 120 (our of 123) in total defense, 96th in rush defense, 123rd in pass defense (as mentioned), 122nd in scoring defense, 118th in first down defense, and 119th in 3rd down conversion defense. Because we were so bad defensive, we also were 122nd in time of possession because our defense could not get off the field.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post: