Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Supporting Member
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Evans View Post
    I would disagree with what was stated above in that I think ISU has a pretty good amount of talent.
    I agree. I see no reason we shouldn't be in the top 4.

Thanks
    Talent, talent, you are concerned about talent? When was the last time ISU put Mr. Basketball (yeah I know Tennessee small c;ass) plus 3 Indiana all Stars on the floor at one time? I know--never. Sounds like a lot to talent deesn't it? Time will tell. Considering all of that, I feel optimistic about the team in Arch Madness.

No, I'm not sying that all 4 will play at the same time. In fact a ted shirt is possible.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

MVP
    Thanks
    I am not concerned with our physical size. I am concerned with the size of the fight in our gut. We have a tendency to be soft.

Starter
    Thanks
    After further review and consideration following the signing of the last scholarship... I think our size is really good. Good height, athleticism, versatility, etc. Probably the best I have seen in the Lansing era. Is the fight in there though?

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by southernindianaballer View Post
    After further review and consideration following the signing of the last scholarship... I think our size is really good. Good height, athleticism, versatility, etc. Probably the best I have seen in the Lansing era. Is the fight in there though?
    Some have us playing on Thursday. If we do, then we will never again compete for the title. We are better at every position and deeper than last year and did not play on Thursday. I expect us to be in the 2-4 area.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,028 Times in 1,763 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamorebacker View Post
    I expect us to be in the 2-4 area.
    You've been on the record of saying so every single year I've been on this forum - I see no reason you should adjust based on us never finishing as high as you expect. One of these times you will be able to say, "I told you so"... Maybe this will be the year - I highly doubt it.
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamorebacker View Post
    Some have us playing on Thursday. If we do, then we will never again compete for the title. We are better at every position and deeper than last year and did not play on Thursday. I expect us to be in the 2-4 area.
    2019 --------------------------- 2018
    Jordan Barnes > Jordan Barnes = Another year older
    Bronson Kessinger > Bronson Kessinger = Another year older
    Cooper Neese < Brenton Scott = Neese could be a star...in the future. But his freshman year will not produce like Scott's senior
    Tyreke Key > Tyreke Key = Another year older
    Christian Williams > Demonte Ojinaka = Williams HAS to be better than Demonte
    Clayton Hughes > Clayton Hughes = another year older
    Dan Huenermann = Dan Huenermann = not expecting anything from Huenermann
    Devin Thomas > Devin Thomas = another year older
    Emondre Rickman > Emondre Rickman = another year older
    Blake Brinkmeyer < Brandon Murphy = Murphy had a very solid senior campaign. Can't expect a freshman to come close to his production. Big drop in production here.
    Allante Holston < Qiydar Davis = Respect for Davis, loved the player. Holston is a complete wildcard for us
    De'avion Washington > Trey Knight = Washington HAS to be better than Knight
    Cam Bacote < Matt Deady = Bacote isn't eligible but Deady did a hell of a job for us as a walk-on.
    Last edited by treeman; 06-05-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    NCAA: 1979, 2000, 2001, 2011------MVC XC Champs: 1996, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014

NIT: 1977, 1978, 2013, 2014--------MVC Indoor Champs: 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Final Four: 1979----------------------MVC Outdoor Champs: 1988, 1990, 1993, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

1,000 point members: 38

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to treeman For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,028 Times in 1,763 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    2019 2018
    Jordan Barnes > Jordan Barnes
    Bronson Kessinger > Bronson Kessinger
    Cooper Neese < Brenton Scott
    Tyreke Key > Tyreke Key
    Christian Williams > Demonte Ojinaka
    Clayton Hughes > Clayton Hughes
    Dan Huenermann = Dan Huenermann
    Devin Thomas > Devin Thomas
    Emondre Rickman > Emondre Rickman
    Blake Brinkmeyer < Brandon Murphy
    Allante Holston < Qiydar Davis
    De'avion Washington > Trey Knight
    Cam Bacote < Matt Deady

For those needing help with the breakdown. (Edit: my post was made before Treeman expanded on his post)

Washington better than Knight. Williams better than Demonte. Beyond that - you basically have the same roster just adding a year of experience, growth and eligibility to the roster that we had last season. Not much has changed here - a lot of new faces just not sure what we are seeing will be drastically better where it matters the win column.
    Last edited by SycamoreStateofMind; 06-05-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Roll Timber!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Most fans know that experience is as much or more important as talent. One night, years ago, I saw a bunch of Franklin college grads tear up an IU recruiting class.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    You've been on the record of saying so every single year I've been on this forum - I see no reason you should adjust based on us never finishing as high as you expect. One of these times you will be able to say, "I told you so"... Maybe this will be the year - I highly doubt it.
    No doubt I'm optimistic. But it seems to me we are gradually increasing our talent level. It hasn't been too long ago, we had bigs that couldn't make a layup and wings that were almost entirely stationary scorers. In 2009, our 4 leading scorers were AC, Rashad Reed, Marshall and Tunnell. Compare them to some of the players we've had since then and have now.
    We have IN all-stars and all-conference players returning. I expect big improvement from players like Barnes and Key, among others. We beat Loyola last year and had some other competitive games on the road. I think we can absolutely be toward the top.