Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 1,773 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamorebacker View Post
    I understand your frustration, but I think you are confusing. "'they have lived up to your expectations." I'm not understanding why you thought they were lousy recruits. If they have no talent, then get off their back.
    You've preached and preached what? And what is it that all of us stupid fans don't understand?
    My post is not pointing a finger at "all" members of this forum, let me make that clear. More like a select few - that don't want to understand the economics behind our struggles. That same group has a very foggy memory of the history of this program - in other words, they think our past is much better looking than it really is.

My opinion isn't the right opinion just because I say so - I'm not asking everyone to agree with me. I've always thought Kessinger was over hyped. I've never really seen any consistency in Rickman that has lead me to be believe he was going to figure it out. Thomas probably has the most potential but is the most fragile of the two physically and mentally. Lousy recruits?? I don't know about all that... I don't really look at it that way. Everyone has their own set of expectations I suppose.
    Last edited by SycamoreStateofMind; 06-07-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    Roll Timber!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Wouldn't it be nice if 2 out of the 3 would just be consistent garbage players inside. I think most people call it "blue collar." I think we have enough offense so that we don't need a lot of scoring inside. I think we need to improve our passing as a team, also.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sycamorebacker View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if 2 out of the 3 would just be consistent garbage players inside. I think most people call it "blue collar." I think we have enough offense so that we don't need a lot of scoring inside. I think we need to improve our passing as a team, also.
    Rickman has the energy to be that. Kessinger has the body to be that - not sure about the quickness. Thomas really doesn't appear to have much interest in being that. He's more of a mid range / pick and pop type of guy. All 3 need to find something that they can just be consistently good at. I mean Thomas and Rickman are probably far and away the best shot blockers on this roster - they just can't be consistent enough on both ends to be able to really impact a game one way or another.
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    I had insurance on my POS car
    POS car or not, it had some value - right?

As to Holston, let's see how he fares before everyone condemns the transfer
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q_iu View Post
    POS car or not, it had some value - right?

As to Holston, let's see how he fares before everyone condemns the transfer
    Iím not condoning Holston - let me go on the record. He deserves a fair shot!
    Roll Timber!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,067 Times in 3,049 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    Trust me they've liven up to my expectations - not the expectations of some on this forum which is what my commentary is mostly based on. The fact of the matter is they're HUGELY important to our program and if we're going to have any success next season. Don't think that is lost on me - but all 3 need to be drastically improved from last season. We're talking about 3 guys on a 13 win team from last season - I'm pretty sure the contributions speak for themselves.

When is time to start being "unnecessarily harsh" Jason? After we endure another losing season? I'm pretty realistic about the dynamics surrounding our lack of success. I've preached and preached them to many on here who fail to understand or choose not to understand. I'm just not sure that gospel really resonates that much with me right now - quite frankly I'm tired of watching this program lose and I'm tired of making excuses. It's time for accountability and that includes everyone - players are not immune from such scrutiny. A lot on here have placed responsibility at the feet of Lansing and the Coaching staff. That is probably the first place to start but it doesn't end with them. It's time the team as a whole starts taking losing personally - they start being good teammates - they dedicate themselves. The list goes on and on!
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    My post is not pointing a finger at "all" members of this forum, let me make that clear. More like a select few - that don't want to understand the economics behind our struggles. That same group has a very foggy memory of the history of this program - in other words, they think our past is much better looking than it really is.

My opinion isn't the right opinion just because I say so - I'm not asking everyone to agree with me. I've always thought Kessinger was over hyped. I've never really seen any consistency in Rickman that has lead me to be believe he was going to figure it out. Thomas probably has the most potential but is the most fragile of the two physically and mentally. Lousy recruits?? I don't know about all that... I don't really look at it that way. Everyone has their own set of expectations I suppose.
    I think most of this is fair. You're obviously entitled to be as harsh as you want, I just think the circumstances surrounding these three guys is a little different. It isn't like they've been lineup mainstays. Hell, outside of a couple games, most have been 9-10 men a majority of their time. Obviously this is the make or break offseason for all three of them with both Thomas and Rickman being seniors and Kessinger being a junior with us starting to play more and more small lineups, he's at risk of being a permanent fixture on the bench.

The one thing I will say is none of them have really played much when you look at it. Thomas was inconsistent but he was also injured and never really got healthy until MVC tournament time. He only ended up with 300 minutes -- about 7.5 games. Kessinger has played like 500 minutes in two years, the equivalent of about 14 games. He was also not healthy during his first year if you take Lansing at his word. Rickman is probably the one you know what you've got the most out of having played 1000 minutes in three years, or roughly an entire season.

Look back at Murph's inconsistency and he played nearly 1100 minutes his first seasons. He was also one that showed flashes and then would just boggle the mind at others. Honestly though, if Holston can play MVC-level defense, those three may be able to be a 3-for-1 center and what you get will be a bonus.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post: