Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 130 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    70% of the MVFC is in the Top 25 or getting votes


    Register to remove this advertisement
    Life in the MVFC isn't getting any easier.

    http://valley-football.org/news/2018...p-25-poll.aspx

  2. #2
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 130 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    Life in the MVFC isn't getting any easier.

    http://valley-football.org/news/2018...p-25-poll.aspx
    Make that 80%. Oh Boy.

    http://valley-football.org/news/2018...p-25-poll.aspx

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    around Indy
    Posts
    7,421
    Thanks
    1,123
    Thanked 807 Times in 562 Posts
    Rep Power
    58
    I believe our Sycamores will earn at least 2 W's from that list. Maybe more! These guys are not going to roll over and let someone kick their butt each week. Go Sycamores!!!
    Sycamore Proud

    Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC


    My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sycamore Proud For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    MVP niklz62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Charleston, IL
    Posts
    3,049
    Thanks
    344
    Thanked 633 Times in 445 Posts
    Rep Power
    45
    I think you would have to say the "Top 30" and SIU at 47th wouldnt make that list.

    so to be in the top 70% of the conference you have to be in the top 24% of the country.

    perspective i guess.

  6. #5
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 130 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    I think you would have to say the "Top 30" and SIU at 47th wouldnt make that list.

    so to be in the top 70% of the conference you have to be in the top 24% of the country.

    perspective i guess.
    OK, I'll be more abstract then. There are 10 teams in the MVFC. In the latest poll, 8 are either ranked in the top 25 or receiving votes.

    The only ones not on there are us and Missouri State.

    I think we beat Missouri State on homecoming for our first and lone MVFC win this year. We keep Mallory and in 2019 we find out if he's Lou West (remains winless and gets fired halfway through the 2019 season) or Trent Miles (started out awful then built a winner by his third year).

    SIU and WIU are both on the road so those will be tough--but they are the other two possible wins. Heck, if we beat Quincy, EIU, and get 3 MVFC wins that's a 5-win season! I'd vote to give Curt a Lansing-esque 5-year automatic rollover contract if that happens LOL.

  7. #6
    MVP niklz62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Charleston, IL
    Posts
    3,049
    Thanks
    344
    Thanked 633 Times in 445 Posts
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    OK, I'll be more abstract then. There are 10 teams in the MVFC. In the latest poll, 8 are either ranked in the top 25 or receiving votes.

    The only ones not on there are us and Missouri State.

    I think we beat Missouri State on homecoming for our first and lone MVFC win this year. We keep Mallory and in 2019 we find out if he's Lou West (remains winless and gets fired halfway through the 2019 season) or Trent Miles (started out awful then built a winner by his third year).

    SIU and WIU are both on the road so those will be tough--but they are the other two possible wins. Heck, if we beat Quincy, EIU, and get 3 MVFC wins that's a 5-win season! I'd vote to give Curt a Lansing-esque 5-year automatic rollover contract if that happens LOL.
    I wont disagree with anything except that Lou West didnt play in this FCS/MVFC landscape.

  8. #7
    MVP Bally #50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    4,626
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 456 Times in 266 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    Hoop, I hope you weren't a math major at ISU. Can you explain your numbers there? 5 out of the top 20 looks like 25% to me. That's damn good but it surely isn't 70%, let alone 80%. Maybe that's why you are a lawyer! Haha~

  9. #8
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 130 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally #50 View Post
    Hoop, I hope you weren't a math major at ISU. Can you explain your numbers there? 5 out of the top 20 looks like 25% to me. That's damn good but it surely isn't 70%, let alone 80%. Maybe that's why you are a lawyer! Haha~
    That’s why I put “or getting votes.” Hope you weren’t an English Lit or Joirnalism major, Bob! Nothin but love for you! See you soon.

  10. #9
    MVP Bally #50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    4,626
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 456 Times in 266 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    That’s why I put “or getting votes.” Hope you weren’t an English Lit or Joirnalism major, Bob! Nothin but love for you! See you soon.
    Sorry, I suppose I should have NOTICED the "receiving votes" comment. That must be why I am out of touch. However, if you add the receiving votes schools, it skews the numbers so 70 and 80% isn't correct either, but I love you too so fuck the math.... counselor. Going to the game on the 30th. (the "guaranteed" win)?

  11. #10
    MVP Bally #50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    4,626
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 456 Times in 266 Posts
    Rep Power
    39

    Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally #50 View Post
    Sorry, I suppose I should have NOTICED the "receiving votes" comment. That must be why I am out of touch. However, if you add the receiving votes schools, it skews the numbers so 70 and 80% isn't correct either, but I love you too so fuck the math.... counselor. Going to the game on the 30th. (the "guaranteed" win)?
    Do we have a new school? I see 7 schools in the top 35, by your criteria. 70% are rated in the top 35. I'll buy that. Like I said above, fuck the math. I am not sure many on here do math very well anyway. How about half the conference are in the TOP 20? Now THAT'S impressive.


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •