Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Benchwarmer
    Thanks

Who do you guys think will be our leading scorers next season?

Register to remove this advertisement
    Personally I think our leading scorer will be JB but I think Neese, Key, and Williams will also put in a lot.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Neese.

JB a close second.
    March on, you fighting Sycamores, Sycamores

Thanks
    Thanked 4,985 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Barnes.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    JB

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Not even close - JB. Unfortunately JB has the same mentality in how he plays the game - he's more worried about being the leading scorer than he is winning basketball games. I'm more interested in seeing us make the extra pass, share the basketball, take care of the basketball and move the ball than I am watching guys play 1 on 1 and selfishly chuck 3 pointers.

I'd say our #2 guy offensively will be Key.

Probably #3 will be Neese if he can play good enough D to keep himself on the floor.
    Roll Timber!

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    I agree with the majority here. JB #1. I will say this though Neese's numbers may depend on if he plays full season or half the season (For those that don't know ISU is requesting waiver for Neese to play full year. Their argument is he was at ISU most of the fall semester last year (Was enrolled beginning of October) which they are making a case that that's about equal to the time for transfers sitting out so they are hoping that NCAA agrees. Neese's numbers would be higher probably playing only half a season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 686 Posts
    Neese has never played a single minute of organized college basketball.

It'll be Barnes by a wide margin. If we're going to be any good this year, Key better be second.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BrokerZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Let's put it this way, I feel as strongly about Neese prior to his playing a single college basketball game as SSOM felt about Odum prior to him playing a single college basketball game.

Something that Lansing was quoted as saying, in one of the GoSycamores Luke Martin videos of recent was...that during practices last season, Neese was the most difficult player to guard.
    March on, you fighting Sycamores, Sycamores

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    Let's put it this way, I feel as strongly about Neese prior to his playing a single college basketball game as SSOM felt about Odum prior to him playing a single college basketball game.

Something that Lansing was quoted as saying, in one of the GoSycamores Luke Martin videos of recent was...that during practices last season, Neese was the most difficult player to guard.
    Yeah he also said, in the first real article of the season about this new team that Neese needed to "take care of business off the court"... You can throw around Jake Odum's name all you want and try and draw parallel's but I can assure you Lansing wasn't sending cryptic message in an off-season article about Odum. You can't just be a talented scorer at this level - you have to have be a dynamic two way player. You have to be a good teammate. You have to take care of your body. You have to study. You can't party all the damn time. A lot more goes into this than Neese just walking in as a Freshman and putting the ball in the basket.

I think a little excitement surround the kid is pretty well deserved. However, as if often the case some of ya'all starting to push the envelope a little bit.
    Roll Timber!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Role Player
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Key word in this question is “scorers”, we have to have multiple guys average 10+ and can’t just rely on two guys to do all our scoring. If you take B Scott out and plug C Neese in, we will have the same result as last year. If you look at Loyola they had 5 guys averaging over 10/game last year. If we are going to compete for the MVC we need at least 4 to do the same. We need to spread out our shots and not have 1-2 guys taking them all. Think this team will be better based on what I’ve been hearing so far.