Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,968 Times in 2,980 Posts

If you haven't seen this video, check it out

Register to remove this advertisement
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

All-Conference
    Thanks
    Couple of comments …..
    one -- how old is he ...same age as the other kids ? Of course if he is their age and continues to grow he could be a great player one day -- if stops growing and has just gotten an early growth spurt well then ………..

Second, interesting little video but with the basket lowered like it is ….well, just about the same thing happens on driveways across the nation everyday ...big guy stands flatfooted and dunks while little guys run around --- used to see this in French Lick all the time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbadenboy View Post
    Couple of comments …..
    one -- how old is he ...same age as the other kids ? Of course if he is their age and continues to grow he could be a great player one day -- if stops growing and has just gotten an early growth spurt well then ………..

Second, interesting little video but with the basket lowered like it is ….well, just about the same thing happens on driveways across the nation everyday ...big guy stands flatfooted and dunks while little guys run around --- used to see this in French Lick all the time.
    He's 12 and that age group plays on 8-foot rims in Canada.

I just thought it was hilarious. I could only imagine 12 year old opponents shitting themselves when they see this kid walking in.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

All-Conference
    Thanks
    That's for sure Jason …… do you know how tall he is ? And have we started recruiting him yet (I'm sure Kentucky and Villanova have)

Legend
    Thanks
    That's hilarious. I love it when he blocks the kid who is half his height and then stares him down. This kid is going to be disappointed when he gets a little older and find life isn't that ridiculously easy.
    Fear the Trees!

Thanks
    It says 2.13m. 2.13 x 39.37 = 83.85, so just a sliver under 7'

Thanks
    Why is he wasting his time? How is any of that making him better? Amazing that he had a pass blocked. If I were refereeing and his team was ahead by 10 or more and he wasn't on the bench, I'd call 3 seconds, travel, foul, anything and everything on him.

Thanks
    wouldnt this be impeding his progress? the only thing I saw that will translate to regular basketball was a few dribbles.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Evans View Post
    Why is he wasting his time? How is any of that making him better? Amazing that he had a pass blocked. If I were refereeing and his team was ahead by 10 or more and he wasn't on the bench, I'd call 3 seconds, travel, foul, anything and everything on him.
    His team lost the game. It's possible that he doesn't have much skill development outside of being tall and that is what this AAU program is working on. It also says he is from Canada but the AAU program is listed in France so who knows.

http://www.frenchyassociate.fr

Legend
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Story about him. It says he's 12 and already 6'10." For his sake, hope he stops growing.

From the article:
    Rioux's father Jean-Francois is quick to point out the video is an anomaly. Olivier normally plays under-14 basketball for the Tornades de Longueuil, an AAA program in Longueuil, and plays all season on 10-foot rims

"Everybody thinks he plays with low nets, with very small people all year long, and that's not the case," Jean-Francois said.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/meet-the...ioux-1.3979956
    Fear the Trees!