Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    ya I was trying to come up with a good number - I agree sith you I am probably a little shy. Split the difference you might have it but a magic number definitely exists in my opinion

I have sid it before and will likely say it again. Tell the P5 and the other elite few they will accept to go play with them selves. The rest of us can regroup,reorganize and redraw conference affiliation. Rivalries can be reestablished.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Starter
    Thanks
    Last year's Conference RPI ranking... Some solid conferences below MVC? I have heard it is quite possible the MVC could move even higher this year.... Not sure that's possible.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html
    http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html

Thanks
    Thanked 5,253 Times in 3,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore Proud View Post
    I have sid it before and will likely say it again. Tell the P5 and the other elite few they will accept to go play with them selves. The rest of us can regroup,reorganize and redraw conference affiliation. Rivalries can be reestablished.
    You do realize they take the money and broadcasting with them, right?
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Gonna happen eventually, whether everyone stays in the NCAA or not. The P5 do NOT want to share. And they'll create a system where they don't have to. So, eventually, other than scraps here and there, we'll basically be on our own anyway...

But for Proud's idea to work, everyone has to leave. That's why it won't happen. Too many mid and lower AD's that covet a P5 job someday...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,253 Times in 3,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    Gonna happen eventually, whether everyone stays in the NCAA or not. The P5 do NOT want to share. And they'll create a system where they don't have to. So, eventually, other than scraps here and there, we'll basically be on our own anyway...

But for Proud's idea to work, everyone has to leave. That's why it won't happen. Too many mid and lower AD's that covet a P5 job someday...
    I don't think it will ever happen. If it does, it's likely the end of scholarship college athletics and we're moving to a club sports model that ole GaryD preached about way back when.

You're right that ADs coveting those power jobs. I also don't think schools would allow it to happen because of capital investments made in facilities. Having 10, 20 or 50k seat stadiums sitting empty collecting dust would be a tough sell to boards, alumni, etc. Its just easier to take on debt and kick it down the road for the next poor soul taking over.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post

I do. It will happen anyway. P5 would have it today if they could--and I don't think it's too far off. I see things somewhat like the old ICC becoming common. ISU would go that way. BSU would want P5 status, but no one would want them. No I'm not sure it could work, but I'll bet others think of it either. Don't I remember something like this being brought up here in the past few years?
    Last edited by Sycamore Proud; 09-25-2018 at 02:34 PM.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!