Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,034 Times in 3,030 Posts

ESPN+ has 30 day free trial is you sign up by 9/2

Register to remove this advertisement
    I saw that several MVFC teams announced all of their games were moving to ESPN+ and our schedule only shows 3 of our games on ESPN3 from here on out with the rest on ESPN+.

ESPN+ has 30 day free trial is you sign up by 9/2. Basically you'll get one of the football months for free and then can watch other games if that tickles your fancy. Apparently this is some special because they're putting the US Open on ESPN+ to try to attract subs.

https://plus.espn.com/
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Starter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    I saw that several MVFC teams announced all of their games were moving to ESPN+ and our schedule only shows 3 of our games on ESPN3 from here on out with the rest on ESPN+.

ESPN+ has 30 day free trial is you sign up by 9/2. Basically you'll get one of the football months for free and then can watch other games if that tickles your fancy. Apparently this is some special because they're putting the US Open on ESPN+ to try to attract subs.

https://plus.espn.com/
    Probably gonna pull the trigger and do this. I have a sneaking suspicion most, if not all, of our Valley basketball games will be on ESPN Plus too. Sure it’s a nominal amount but the nickel and diming is annoying. I pay for Spectrum (my condo is in a historic Downtown Indy district so no satellite allowed), pay extra for the Spectrum premium sports package, and still need to pay more for ESPN plus if I want to watch ISU.

I need to figure out this “cut the cord” thing.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I'm like you Hooper-tired of this cable BS-very little on worth watching from my point of view. Just wondering if you have to have ESPN from your cable provider in order to subscribe to ESPN+?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,034 Times in 3,030 Posts
    The major problem cutting the cord is most Internet providers have data caps -- similar to what you have on your cell phone plans. Most of them give you 1TB of data per month which works if you have 2 or fewer TVs and don't stream a lot. We had 3 and when Tanner was home from college in the Summer time or during Winter breaks, when people are using it along with mobile devices, we broke through the 1TB cap every month.

When you do that, they charge you $10 for each additional 50GB -- believe that is the rate both Comcast and Spectrum have right now. So if you have 3+ TVs and 3+ people in your household, it makes sense to spring for their $50/mo unlimited on top of your monthly package price.

ESPN is doing this because people are cutting the cord. Because of that, they are being taken off basic cable packages by many providers since many of the complaints were folks not wanting to pay the monthly fee for certain channels.

I'm not sure why providers don't just give you a basic package that includes the major networks (CBS, NBC, FOX) and then let you customize it from there. I don't want to pay for sports packages when a lot of the channels are soccer or stuff I don't want like the Pac 10 channel. Same with their big channel offerings when I don't want Natgeo or one of the other 50 reality TV stations.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    I cut cable over 5 years ago, one of the best decisions I ever made, I wasn't sure how it'd go, but I don't miss it one bit.

Try it, you'll be surprised how easy it is and you'll get a lot more accomplished at home

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    I cut cable over 5 years ago, one of the best decisions I ever made, I wasn't sure how it'd go, but I don't miss it one bit.

Try it, you'll be surprised how easy it is and you'll get a lot more accomplished at home
    I agree. Cut the cord a year ago. Donít miss it at all. Went to unlimited on Comcast, still paying less than half of what I was for Dish. Sling gets me all I need.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback. I remember when RCA first brought out the satalite dish-I was one the of first in line to buy one. Heck $9.95 a month and all was good. Well someone must have come up wth a better idea-$140+ and I've heard as much as up to $200. Progress-"We've come a long way!"

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I got it just to watch the last 4 seconds of the YSU loss. best $4.99 i ever spent

9. The Following User Says Thank You to niklz62 For This Useful Post: