Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,034 Times in 3,030 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokerZ View Post
    A couple of observations:

1) This is a tough schedule from a home/away standpoint. We start the season with two true road games @ Ball State (a decent team) and @ Green Bay. We also start the conference season on the road at Loyola. Regardless of how good you think Loyola will be this year, starting the conference schedule on the road is almost a guaranteed L.

2) Travel in the non-conference is going to be a beating this year. Going to the west coast to play San Jose State will be hard enough, but the Diamond Head Classic in Hawaii being right before the conference schedule begins will be very challenging. A lot of schools don't like playing in the Diamond Head Classic for that very reason. I know, I know...players should be tougher...blah blah blah. It's still a major factor no matter what.

3) Overall, this is a pretty tough non-conference schedule, and if the goal was to schedule the toughest opponents possible I think we did a pretty good job. It may be too tough, honestly, but Lansing likes it this way. Everyone just better be prepared for us to be under .500 to start the conference season.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokerZ View Post
    Also, now that the schedule is out can anyone say for-sure which game Neese and Williams will first be eligible to play? The ISU academic calendar has the fall semester final exams ending on 12/14. Does that mean they can play starting with the TCU game on 12/16, or do they have to wait until after Winter Recess begins on 12/22?
    Totally agree with #1 especially with your second post specifics. Not having both will then create a second adjustment period going into the MTE and early conference play.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks

Sycamores Add Three Home Games To Complete 2018-19 Schedule

Sycamore Basketball today announced the addition of three more home games which completes the 2018-19 schedule. This brings the total amount of home games for this season to 15, all of which will be played inside Hulman Center. Game times and TV Network designations for all league contests are still be determined and will be announced in early October.

More...

Thanks
    was hoping we'd somehow get one more D-I home game, but figured we probably wouldn't, oh well.

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    was hoping we'd somehow get one more D-I home game, but figured we probably wouldn't, oh well.
    Same here! I expect that feeling is shared by most, if no-tall, of us here. But a road
    But a trip ot the Haute for a meal and a lesser opponent is beter that no trip at all.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!