Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    I would like to see EIU become our established rivalry game. Maybe even introduce a pass along trophy or something.

Funny thing is, EIU is definitely my second favorite university behind ISU. I go to all of their home games I can in football, basketball, and baseball (barring ISU playing at home or my work schedule interfering). In fact I plan on going to 3 of their other home games this season in football. I started following EIU when I was in middle school, so I've been a fan for a long time. However there really is no lost love for EIU when they play ISU. I was pretty bummed when they beat us last season, so hopefully we can get revenge this season.

I'll be at the game and just to let everyone know I saw on Facebook (I follow EIU athletics) they are planning on having a white out, so I guess don't wear any white ISU shirts. Or maybe we can since I assume our team will be dressed in our white away jerseys. It's up to you. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

My score prediction is that ISU wins 27-17.
    we have an intern that mentioned the "white out". he said (and i realize this may not be true) that eiu was going to be wearing all white. I think instead they may have new white helmets or something. they had gray helmets last week so i dont know

Role Player
    Thanks
    For a first timer in Charleston where is a good place to dine before the game?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
    For a first timer in Charleston where is a good place to dine before the game?
    Pagliai's is a pizza place that's pretty good and everybody here loves it. Its just west of the car dealership on the SW corner of IL-130/IL-16. Dirty's bar and grill is just to the east of Old Main(the castle looking building on IL-16). The Brickhouse is in the hotel on the west end of town on IL-16...same owner as dirty's a little nicer. WB's pub and grub is at the corner of 7th and Madison and Roc's Blackfront is on 6th and Madison (both places are within sight of the courthouse square north of campus. The original (but not original) Jimmy Johns is here.

You can go to Mattoon, 10 miles west, for more options. everything you would go to there is with 1000ft of going under the interstate. BWW, Fujiyama sushi/hibachi, Alamo Steak house, Stadium Grill.

Edit: When my wife and I go out to eat...we drive to Terre Haute.
    Last edited by niklz62; 09-13-2018 at 04:54 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to niklz62 For This Useful Post:

Role Player
    Thanks
    Curious, have any of the local Terre Haute publications noted the medical status of our QBs?

Starter
    Thanks
    Curious, have any of the local Terre Haute publications noted the medical status of our QBs?
    Per the ISU/EIU game notes, Kilpatrick and Boyle are still 1 and 2 on the depth chart. Ace is really good about updating so it's a safe bet they're both ready to go.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hooper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    There was a wreck with pretty significant fire at the exit 3 overpass to West TH last night. I’m not sure of the status of the road there. It sill may be closed if you are coming that way. Might be worth checking an app or something. An alternative route is throught West T to Paris IL and taking IL RT 16 to charleston

Role Player
    Thanks
    Does anyone know what the security checks are going into the stadium? Are the similar to Memorial Stadium or like Cardinal Stadium?

Thanks
    Does anyone know what the security checks are going into the stadium? Are the similar to Memorial Stadium or like Cardinal Stadium?
    Probably like memorial stadium

Thanks
    Thanked 5,034 Times in 3,030 Posts
    North Dakota State pounding North Alabama.

WIU down 1 at home to Montana in the 3rd.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Starter
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    Per the ISU/EIU game notes, Kilpatrick and Boyle are still 1 and 2 on the depth chart. Ace is really good about updating so it's a safe bet they're both ready to go.
    Aaaaaaand Iím wrong. [Facepalm]