Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    All-American
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    if we score a touchdown, field goal, or safety that's a win for me, that will be progress. Also hoping we can avoid giving up a kickoff return or punt return for a touchdown. And would like to see progress made giving up big plays, i.e., plays that result in 50+ yard gains for the opponent.

I suspect the game will get out of hand as early as the first quarter, so hopefully they won't do to us what they did to Arkansas Pine-Bluff and go for 100 points.

Role Player
    Thanks
    I am good with our current coaching staff. Saturday will be rough but the coaching will be fine.

As a homer I hope McCoy gets more action than he did in the previous game.

Thanks
    I don't know if it will help us at all to get out of the heat, but typical of South Dakota weather, today's high was 81 degrees, by midnight or so tonight it will be 35 degrees and then the rest of the week it's supposed to be in the 40s, so we won't have to worry about heat.

I haven't seen a wind forecast yet, the stadium runs straight north-south but has a wind block on 3 sides for the most part.

We haven't scored a TD against an MVFC team since November 4th last year vs YSU. I'd like to see us get a TD against their varsity before they put in the junior varsity team to finish out the game.

Disappointed I won't be able to be at this game, as I usually am, but life led me elsewhere for the time being.
    Avoid the Play In Game!

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    I think his third season was more injury-plagued than his first IIRC. Either way, even his losing seasons included many close games and some wins after 2013, and 2014–only his second season—was a great success.

As it stands now we haven’t even scored a touchdown for three straight MVFC games going back to last year.
    Just reflecting on the above quote,year 15 is when we lost both Sewell and Underwood and could have easliy won over ISU( Tonjon espn highlight catch) Western in ot and Youngstown State. That would have made us 8-3 playoff bound. In 16 they still won 5 games after dumb ass Matt Adam couldn't make grades, by the end of the year you could tothat tell Sanford just said fuck it, no end of yr press confrence, I knew he was done.

MY point, I know you guys have been loyal to ISU footballl for many years and still have negative thoughts, which I certainly respect. From my perspective, I think we have been trending upwards since 2010, the year I started following the program since gradulation in 85. Since then, if you injuries didnt hit 13, 15 and QB problem in 16, the program could have had another playoff yea (15) and have a 500 team in 13. For having the shitiest facilities in the confrence, I think we are doing pretty good, especially playing in a confrence who has teams with blue blood $ from the Dakota's . Uggg, wait till North Dakota joins !!!

Did you notice Moala and Thompason out for the season, i just eamiled Luke Martin to see if both will be elgible for a red shirt becasue of the new rules.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to #33 For This Useful Post:

Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 659 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    I would argue that his first season had to do more with it being the worst injury season I remember. Id also argue that Sanford was left with a diffeent quality team than what he left Mallory.
    Like Miles (and Sanford to some extent), Mallory forced out a lot of guys from the previous regime. That didn't help. Maybe that was the right call if the guys didn't have the right mindset, but we've seen it before and it results in win-less seasons where we're not even competitive. As Hooper noted, we're still not doing well in MVC play. We're not even really competing with them yet.

I also am curious to see how well we recruit this year. The other thing we've seen with past regimes is they add some talent early because they can offer playing time. Once that playing time is taken by guys who are now sophomores and freshman, we have less to offer. Then in two to three years we're back to square one after those large year 1 and 2 classes graduate.
    Fear the Trees!

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bent20 View Post
    Like Miles (and Sanford to some extent), Mallory forced out a lot of guys from the previous regime. That didn't help. Maybe that was the right call if the guys didn't have the right mindset, but we've seen it before and it results in win-less seasons where we're not even competitive. As Hooper noted, we're still not doing well in MVC play. We're not even really competing with them yet.

I also am curious to see how well we recruit this year. The other thing we've seen with past regimes is they add some talent early because they can offer playing time. Once that playing time is taken by guys who are now sophomores and freshman, we have less to offer. Then in two to three years we're back to square one after those large year 1 and 2 classes graduate.
    Name from the past, on our roster in 15 :https://247sports.com/Player/Tony-Fair-15643/ if you can't open the link, it's Tony Fair, he committed to Nebraska, currently playing JC.

Thanks
    Im just realizing that this game is in the evening. Now all my plans are screwed up

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by #33 View Post
    Did you notice Moala and Thompason out for the season, i just eamiled Luke Martin to see if both will be elgible for a red shirt becasue of the new rules.
    Tom James posted they would be able to redshirt

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    Tom James posted they would be able to redshirt
    Yes, Luke said the same, hell Moala will be playing with gray in his hair, to my recollection, he was supposed to be in the 2015 class, disappeared , then showed up in th 16 class.

Another eveneing game, that sucks!!

Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 659 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Moala had ice on his hand after the injury, but then I could have sworn he came back into the game in the second half. Then later I saw him with ice back on his hand. Guessing he tried to give it a go and just couldn't. Or I was seeing things.
    Fear the Trees!