Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Benchwarmer
    Thanks

Your thoughts on Blake Brinkmeyer

Register to remove this advertisement
    Hello everyone! I wanted to know all of your guy's thoughts on Blake Brinkmeyer. Personally I think he will be a great rebounder for us and a good guy to come off the bench. He will be a large part of our defense this year and I'm excited to see him play!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bingoman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 Times in 3,045 Posts
    I don't expect to see him play much this year. I fully expect Rickman and Thomas to get the lionshare of minutes. If BK has developed, he'll get a chunk and then when we go small, it'll likely be Holston playing at the 4.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,767 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Brinkmeyer might get some spot minutes from time to time but for the most part he's going to be a depth guy. Rickman, Thomas and Kessinger will split the majority of the minutes with Huenermann getting some looks behind them.

I'm not sure how Blake looks from a development standpoint but I don't think it would be a terrible thing if we red shirted him. I think bigs at our level take a little longer to adjust to the level of play - it seems like they really don't start to produce until the latter part of their JR year.

I think he could be a pretty darn good player for us down the road - but again I haven't seen him play so I could be totally wrong and he could factor into the equation. I don't think Rickman, Thomas and Kessinger are so damn good that he couldn't compete with them for mins. It's entirely possible that he plays himself into more predominate role but I doubt it.
    Roll Timber!