Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 Times in 3,045 Posts

[October 13, 2018] Indiana State (2-3) vs Missouri State (3-2)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (2-3, 0-2) vs. Missouri State Bears
    (3-2, 1-1)

Memorial Stadium - Terre Haute, IN
    Saturday, October 13, 2018
    Kickoff: 2:00pm EST
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Role Player
    Thanks
    This Saturday should be a great day for football.
    Weather will be great.
    Crowd should be awesome.
    We are playing better football, getting better every week.

We have shown that we can be competitive and hope the team is not satisfied and continues to be hungry.
    I know the coaching staff will work hard this week to prepare the team for the Bears.

I am really excited with this team.
    I just hope they do not get complacent and come out and execute and play good football and put themselves in a position to win.
    A win this weekend would go a long way for the program, the school, the fans, and the town.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
    This Saturday should be a great day for football.
    Weather will be great.
    Crowd should be awesome.
    We are playing better football, getting better every week.

We have shown that we can be competitive and hope the team is not satisfied and continues to be hungry.
    I know the coaching staff will work hard this week to prepare the team for the Bears.

I am really excited with this team.
    I just hope they do not get complacent and come out and execute and play good football and put themselves in a position to win.
    A win this weekend would go a long way for the program, the school, the fans, and the town.
    I believe this is true. I also believe that getting our butts kicked would set us back--well, longer that we care to admit.Defeating the Bears is a must wing if we are going to gain any support from the bandwagon fans. That support is desperately needed now if the excitement generated by this team so far is meaningful.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Thanks

Sycamores Host Missouri State Saturday for Homecoming

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Indiana State football will play host to Missouri State Saturday afternoon in its annual Homecoming game. Kickoff is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET from Memorial Stadium with pregame events running throughout the day. For more information on Homecoming event click HERE.

More...

Thanks
    This game might answer some questions for people whether they should be buying on us or buying on Missouri St. I started down to rabbit hole looking at scores, then opponent's other scores, then how good those wins were. I can't tell. MSU's win vs Illinois State seem impressive but I dont think I believe in Illinois State..

Benchwarmer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    This game might answer some questions for people whether they should be buying on us or buying on Missouri St. I started down to rabbit hole looking at scores, then opponent's other scores, then how good those wins were. I can't tell. MSU's win vs Illinois State seem impressive but I dont think I believe in Illinois State..
    Missouri State is tough to gauge. Blown out by Oklahoma State and blew out Lincoln. No Surprise. Then, they beat Northern AZ (who was ranked at time for no apparent reason because they aren't very good). Then, beat a good Illinois State team and played a good South Dakota team touch. At Illinois State, the QB missed a number of wide open throws that would have yielded big gains/TDs. Also, Illinois State didn't run Markel Smith enough...he only had 6 carries for 80 yards (13/carry).

The strength of the team is their defense. They have 15 starters returning from last year and 9 of those are on D. They yield only 152 yards a game (which takes into account Okey State putting up 730 yards of offense on them in game one). They've been pretty stingy the rest of the way.

Missouri State's offense is decent. Their QB (Huslig) only completes 53% of his passes and has more picks than TDs (7/6).

Keys to the game. We need to play D like we did in the second half of the SDSU game. Move the corners up further to press and hang tough in the run game.

On offense, open it up, again like the second half of the SDSU game. Passing actually opened up the run game fro us and we were able to do both equally well. However, we had 6 costly dropped balls (3 of which would have been TDs).

Prediction: Trees 34 Bears 24

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ktulu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    no surprises from the MSU fans, thinking they will have an easy 3 TD win, we'll see?

https://247sports.com/college/missou...1pm-123095164/

Thanks
    I'd like to see several hundred cocky and arrogant Bear fans at the game--we need their $$$. I want to see them leave Memorial Stadium with tears running down their cheeks!
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Golden reports that WR Rontrez Morgan is out with a broken hand. Bad news for Sycamores.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 Times in 3,045 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    So far, not so good.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!