Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,187 Times in 3,112 Posts

[October 20, 2018] Indiana State (2-4) at Southern Illinois (1-5)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (2-4, 0-3) vs. Southern Illinois Salukis
    (1-5, 0-3)

Saluki Stadium - Carbondale, IL
    Saturday, October 20, 2018
    Kickoff: 3:00pm EST
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    is anyone thinking about going to this one. its only about 2 hrs for me. Im considering going and hope to get the courage to ask my wife by wednesday or so.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,187 Times in 3,112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niklz62 View Post
    is anyone thinking about going to this one. its only about 2 hrs for me. Im considering going and hope to get the courage to ask my wife by wednesday or so.
    If I'm not mistaken, they were the last Valley team we had beaten a couple years ago, no? Pretty sure that was reiterated on the Homecoming broadcast.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, they were the last Valley team we had beaten a couple years ago, no? Pretty sure that was reiterated on the Homecoming broadcast.
    SIU is my “other” school and yes, our last MVFC win was against them in 2016.

It is their homecoming this Saturday and they’re honoring Jason Seaman. He’s the Noblesville school shooting hero. It’s gonna be a good crowd. Even so, on paper, I think we should blow them out. Feels good to say that!

Thanks
    [QUOTE=Hooper;276833]SIU is my “other” school and yes, our last MVFC win was against them in 2016.

It is their homecoming this Saturday and they’re honoring Jason Seaman. He’s the Noblesville school shooting hero. It’s gonna be a good crowd. Even so, on paper, I think we should blow them out. Feels good to say that![/QU

Remarks like this make me nervous, very nervous. A blowout, a blowout? Are you kidding me, a blowout? I will gladly take a W regardless of the point spread. Go Trees!
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Sycamore Proud;276834]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post

It is their homecoming this Saturday and they’re honoring Jason Seaman. He’s the Noblesville school shooting hero. It’s gonna be a good crowd. Even so, on paper, I think we should blow them out. Feels good to say that![/QU

Remarks like this make me nervous, very nervous. A blowout, a blowout? Are you kidding me, a blowout? I will gladly take a W regardless of the point spread. Go Trees!
    Not kidding at all. SIU wasn’t going to be very good this year anyway, and now they are completely decimated by injuries in the secondary and have scout team running backs playing minutes. It’s clear we have a potent offense that can move the ball. I’m calling a blowout—on paper. Homecoming with the hero ceremony and a good crowd with their backs against the wall could change that but we’re clearly the better team going into Saturday.

Thanks
    [QUOTE=Hooper;276836]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore Proud View Post

Not kidding at all. SIU wasn’t going to be very good this year anyway, and now they are completely decimated by injuries in the secondary and have scout team running backs playing minutes. It’s clear we have a potent offense that can move the ball. I’m calling a blowout—on paper. Homecoming with the hero ceremony and a good crowd with their backs against the wall could change that but we’re clearly the better team going into Saturday.
    I appreciate and understand this. It's just that when we or anyone has won 2 games in 2 years I find it difficult to predicate a blow out of anyone.

has
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post

It is their homecoming this Saturday and they’re honoring Jason Seaman. He’s the Noblesville school shooting hero. It’s gonna be a good crowd. Even so, on paper, I think we should blow them out. Feels good to say that!
    It’s ironic this will be the second game ive seen they honor him at. I officiated his high achool’s game they honored him Mahomet-Seymour, just west of Champaign IL. Guy deserves it all

My wife officially Ok’d all of us going so I have to leave after they walk in the EIU homecoming parade with our church. I’m hoping I57 is cleaner than all the I70 traffic horror stories I hear. Ill be cutting it close to game time

Role Player
    Thanks
    Will absolutely be there!

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    this is going to be a battle, if we play like we have the past 2 weeks, despite losing both games, then this is our most winnable game we have left. SIU is struggling as well, so it may not be a pretty game. Hopefully this is the game ISU turns the corner and gets an MVFC win finally