Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Supporting Member
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I tend to think we're better going small more often than not because our one "true" center (Rickman) just isn't very good at finishing. He is also a terrible free throw shooter which hurts as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 702 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    A few thoughts on the game:

1) We lost because of defense, and defense only. We didn't shoot it all that well and we can complain about our free throw percentage, but we got boat raced in the second half. That's it. Don't over complicate things.

2) Brinkmeyer, I believe, is ahead of schedule from his knee injury. He sat out practices between the Rose-Hulman exhibition game and last night's game. We may all want him to play more, and I do too, but he may not physically be able to give us much more at this time.

3) As I said in two other posts earlier in this threat, Ball State is good. Like, very-likely-to-win-the-MAC good. They have way more experience and size at nearly every position, and they also have a few key transfers now eligible. They should have beaten us, and they did. Green Bay, on the other hand, is not good. If we lose in similar fashion then I'll change my tune.

4) Our ONLY route to success this year is to go small and run-and-gun. To Jason's point above, Lansing hasn't figured out how to make these pieces fit together because he's still running the same damn, tired offense since 2011. Until Lansing figures that out and finds a small lineup that can also defend a little, we don't stand a chance. If we're going to give up 85+ points, we better be scoring 90.