Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,154 Times in 3,094 Posts

[November 6, 2018] Indiana State (0-0) at Ball State (0-0)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (0-0) vs. Ball State Cardinals (0-0)

Worthen Arena - Muncie, Indiana
    Tuesday, November 6
    7:00 PM EST Tip
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Gonna be a tough game, go Sycamores!
    March on, you fighting Sycamores, Sycamores

Thanks
    Thanked 1,571 Times in 934 Posts
    This would be a nice win to start off the season. Unfortunately, between guys coming off injuries that haven't practiced much and others who can't play, I'm going to with Testacle State 75, ISU 64.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,796 Posts
    Take care of the ball. Defend like a SOB. Rebound. We will have a chance on the road - we have to compete at both ends and bring the energy. I'm excited to see what these guys are made of. Arguably two of our better players are going to be out for a month. Either these guys are going to use that as an excuse or they are going to compete like hell trying to prove something. I'm not worried about the outcome of this one - I just want to see us take care of the ball, defend and rebound decently. That's what I'm going to be watching.
    Roll Timber!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This one will heavily be on the coaches and how they allow our guys to match up I'd think.

Are they going to let JB try to guard the 6'3" Persons again? He basically just went to the basket all day long last time we played them. In their exhibition against UIndy, I don't even think he played (suspended for violation of team rules) but all three guys that had standout games are guys we offered or inquired about in Mallers, Teague and Walton.

Walton is a big time athlete that can get to the rim so we're likely going to get a steady does of driving and drive/kick to shooters. Both individual and team defense is going to have to be on point to win this game.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Svoboda For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 737 Posts
    Ball State should be a very good team this year. Their Center is questionable, so that would help if he is out or limited. I think you put Key on Persons, but then again Walton likes to play some physical ball.. So either way JB better have his big boy pants on. I guess you could go Holston on one of the guards and then have JB chase Mallers around..Bottom line is we need to play well to have a shot.

BSU- 73
    Trees-68

Key 24
    JB 18

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Southgrad07 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southgrad07 View Post
    Ball State should be a very good team this year. Their Center is questionable, so that would help if he is out or limited. I think you put Key on Persons, but then again Walton likes to play some physical ball.. So either way JB better have his big boy pants on. I guess you could go Holston on one of the guards and then have JB chase Mallers around..Bottom line is we need to play well to have a shot.

BSU- 73
    Trees-68

Key 24
    JB 18
    Yep, them having two physical guards, both with height and that are proficient at taking it to the rim poses a serious issue for us. I would have loved to have this game with Neese and Williams eligible.

I know the staff doesn't like using it, but Ball State has the personnel where a zone defense may be good in spurts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    I know the staff doesn't like using it, but Ball State has the personnel where a zone defense may be good in spurts.
    During last week's coaches show, Lansing (and Fritzy) talked about how they've actually been working on zone defense in practice.

So, maybe we'll see it tomorrow.
    March on, you fighting Sycamores, Sycamores

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TreeTop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    During last week's coaches show, Lansing (and Fritzy) talked about how they've actually been working on zone defense in practice.

So, maybe we'll see it tomorrow.
    Good deal.

Thanks

Sycamore Basketball Opens Season Tuesday At Ball State

Register to remove this advertisement

Indiana State Basketball opens the 2018-19 campaign with the first of two road contests on opening week on Tuesday, November 6 as they travel to in-state rival Ball State. Tip-off is set for 7:00 p.m. (ET) from Worthen Arena in Muncie, Ind., and will be televised nationally on ESPN+. The game will also be broadcast on WIBQ 97.9 FM as well as streamed (audio) on GoSycamores.com.

More...