Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Supporting Member
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCC View Post
    a follow up article to the fundraiser in the paper today

https://www.tribstar.com/sports/loca...4407632be.html
    Would
    from the article, (Clinkscales later said the Day Of Giving had 84 parent donors, 72 faculty/staff donors, 45 student donors and 105 first-time donors.)
    Thanks for this. Good job TG. Love Clink’s vision and he’s saying the right things, except:

On Lansing and b-ball: “He has a lot of support within the community and basketball, compared to other sports in the department, is pretty well-funded. Some other sports need some help. ”

Of course it’s well-funded compared to other sports, it’s the flagship sport. But he should never use ISU men’s basketball and “well-funded” in the same sentence. It isn’t.

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,219 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    Thanks for this. Good job TG. Love Clink’s vision and he’s saying the right things, except:

On Lansing and b-ball: “He has a lot of support within the community and basketball, compared to other sports in the department, is pretty well-funded. Some other sports need some help. ”

Of course it’s well-funded compared to other sports, it’s the flagship sport. But he should never use ISU men’s basketball and “well-funded” in the same sentence. It isn’t.
    It's been talked about here before and it's worth bringing up again - I think Clink is referencing Lansings relationship with larger donors and the impact his relationship has on those individuals willingness to give - that is exactly what he's refering to. Clink/TG might not have clearly articulated that but I'm sure that is what they were getting at.

For instance the $20k matching donation that Junior Sumner made - that doesn't happen with out Greg Lansing. The starting donation of $10k match by Steve Heck might have been made without Lansing but he has a good relationship with him. Lansing also is pretty close with Andy Fox - Fox Canteen. He'e close with Wolfe - Wolfe's Auto Auction. Todd Hein and Labor Link have done a lot for all of athletics and I think Mallory and Lansing both have a good relationship with him. I can keep going but I think you get the point. Some of these people would support the program no matter the head coach but Lansing has done a really good job creating a positive realtionship with a lot of these guys. That was the point Clink was trying to make.
    Roll Timber!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    It will be interesting to see how they can parlay this into continued donations from ISU fans, they can't sit back and pat themselves on the back and think everyone is going to keep contributing, it's hard work to get people to donate to ANYTHING these days, they know it, but if done successfully by the fundraisers at ISU, people will continue to donate to ISU.

I also agree with Clink saying specifically what the donations are going towards. Too many times you donate and wonder where your $$ went exactly. Having clear and concise places specified (and actually seeing the results) where our money is going will keep people contributing.
    Make State Great Again