Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    I think the Braves actually had 4 technicals, regardless, if a team ever wanted a good reason to complain about refs, Bradley had every right to complain tonight, those refs were awful!
    Make State Great Again

Thanks
    MVC is 5-3 in the challenge now, ISU, Valpo, and Evansville won last night, UNI and Missouri State lost, 2 more games to go, ILS and Bradley play yet
    Make State Great Again

Thanks
    Illinois State lost at home to San Diego State, so it's up to Bradley to beat New Mexico or the MVC-MWC challenge ends in a tie at 5-5

Loyola, Evansville, and SIU have won today, Drake and UNI and Bradley play tonight
    Make State Great Again

Thanks
    Drake won, Missouri State got hammered at Oregon State

Bradley is losing to New Mexico at the half
    Make State Great Again

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 699 Posts
    Looks like we have as good a chance as anybody this year

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meistro View Post
    Looks like we have as good a chance as anybody this year
    Us, and just for the record, I'm adding Valpo as good a chance as anybody.

Their win over UNLV at UNLV was an eye opener....Derek Smits gets 20 points and 12 rebounds against a Runnin' Rebel team? What the?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...72-64-1538035/ Scroll past the big ad to get to the story....
    a.k.a. The Blue MOSQUITO

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Two common opponent games of interest on Wednesday.

Mo State vs. Western KY

Loyola vs. Ball State

Will be interesting to see how those games turn out. Personally would be okay with both Mo State and Loyola getting beat. I don't really want to see either team get going with confidence prior to the conference starting. Given that the league wide metrics are already trending down-ward we're defiantly looking at a likely 1 bid league. Just need to keep it rolling and hope other programs continue to trip - really a dream scenario for me anyway. Unless the MVC is playing a power 5 school I rarely care one way or another if MVC teams win or not.

Granted I know we go back and forth on this annually and we've got members of this forum that like to see other Valley programs do well - if that is you then good for you. I just don't understand it and could care less if any of them win a single game. Cheering for them to win in the NCAA Tournament a little bit different - to a certain extent I can understand that.
    Roll Timber!

Sixth Man
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    Two common opponent games of interest on Wednesday.

Mo State vs. Western KY

Loyola vs. Ball State

Will be interesting to see how those games turn out. Personally would be okay with both Mo State and Loyola getting beat. I don't really want to see either team get going with confidence prior to the conference starting. Given that the league wide metrics are already trending down-ward we're defiantly looking at a likely 1 bid league. Just need to keep it rolling and hope other programs continue to trip - really a dream scenario for me anyway. Unless the MVC is playing a power 5 school I rarely care one way or another if MVC teams win or not.

Granted I know we go back and forth on this annually and we've got members of this forum that like to see other Valley programs do well - if that is you then good for you. I just don't understand it and could care less if any of them win a single game. Cheering for them to win in the NCAA Tournament a little bit different - to a certain extent I can understand that.
    You do know how at large bids work right? Nonconference you should want every MVC team to win...and then when conference starts then of course we aren't rooting for anybody else until toward the end of regular season when seeds come into play that affect us for the conference tournament.

Thanks
    Only way we can even THINK about at-large bidding for the Sycamores is if we run the table the rest of the way in the Non-Con.

Once we do that, then we'll pretty much need to run the table in the MVC....then we can start talking about an at-large bid...assuming we can make it to the MVC tourney Final.

Sadly, that's just about the reality of it all.
    NO EXCUSES

Sixth Man
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    Only way we can even THINK about at-large bidding for the Sycamores is if we run the table the rest of the way in the Non-Con.

Once we do that, then we'll pretty much need to run the table in the MVC....then we can start talking about an at-large bid...assuming we can make it to the MVC tourney Final.

Sadly, that's just about the reality of it all.
    While you are pretty much correct that wasnt my point of emphasis. By rooting for other MVC schools in the nonconference you would like them to be a Q1 or Q2 win when we beat them. Which helps builds a resume for us to try and earn a bid. But that’s the part that’s out of our control. We obviously have to do our part too. A UE team that’s won 2 games and let’s say RPI 320 that would be a bad loss compared to let’s say a loss to Loyola who’s let’s say only have 4 losses to end the year. A loss to them wouldnt be a bad loss. So in that regard is why you want to root for the conference to do well.