Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Benchwarmer
    Thanks

HERO Sports Story on Indiana State

Register to remove this advertisement
    Sorry to drop a link here, but we were Uber impressed with the turnaround with the Sycs and I did get a chance to talk to Coach Mallory today.

Between the 0-fer to 7 wins story and what is going on with recruiting (I had them No. 15 in the FCS for 2019 class as of late October) I think we all see the writing on the wall of what is happening under Coach Mallory and his staff. Today was one thing, but I don't think this program is heading anywhere but up, in my estimation.

Anyway, it was great to talk to Coach Mallory. Good man.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...yoff-snub-ajaj

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BrianMacHEROSPORTS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I didn't know about the Austin Peay snub last year...had I known about that, I would have been much more cautiously optimistic going into Selection Sunday.

For those who haven't read the story in the link above yet...Austin Peay had gone the previous two seasons winless (0-22), and then won EIGHT FCS games last season, and didn't make the playoffs. We should have learned a lesson from that.

But I digress, the real story is about our CLASS-ACT Curt Mallory. Thank you for posting the link, for interviewing Coach Mallory, and for covering our Sycamores!
    NO EXCUSES

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeTop For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeTop View Post
    I didn't know about the Austin Peay snub last year...had I known about that, I would have been much more cautiously optimistic going into Selection Sunday.

For those who haven't read the story in the link above yet...Austin Peay had gone the previous two seasons winless (0-22), and then won EIGHT FCS games last season, and didn't make the playoffs. We should have learned a lesson from that.

But I digress, the real story is about our CLASS-ACT Curt Mallory. Thank you for posting the link, for interviewing Coach Mallory, and for covering our Sycamores!
    8-3 in the OVC. we squeeked in the playoffs in 2014 with the worst record to ever make the playoffs (7-5) at that point (WIU made it at 6-5 the next year) and played EKU, the 2nd place team in the OVC and played with them in the 1st half and beat the shit out of them the whole 2nd half.

If we made it we would have gone to SEMO and curb stomped them.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niklz62 For This Useful Post: