Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 3,115 Posts

[November 28, 2018] Indiana State (3-1) at San Jose State (1-5)

Register to remove this advertisement
    vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (3-1) vs. San Jose State Spartans
    (1-5)

Event Center - San Jose, CA
    Wednesday, November 28, 2018
    10:00 PM EST Tip
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Important game to continue our momentum.

San Jose State won 4 games last year. Their best player, from last year, transferred to Xavier...Ryan Welage from Greensburg, IN.

The Spartans' only win this year was against a non-D1 team. Their 5 losses have all been to mid-majors. Their arena, The Event Center, seats 5,000. One game this year, they had just over 300 in the seats. Their other two home games at approx 1500.

Looks like free video streaming will be available here: https://player.watchstadium.com/weba...hive_section=1

As my high school tennis coach used to say, "Clock in, kick butt, clock out."
    NO EXCUSES

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TreeTop For This Useful Post:

All-American
    Thanks
    Geez........don't want to be Debbie Downer.....but this game has "bad loss" written all over it. flying cross country....coming off a big win....playing a team desperate for a win.....playing a team on paper we should be able to handle..........all the makings for a loss.

Again....this is where our coaching staff has to earn their pay.....they have to make sure our team is mentally prepared to play this game. They need to play this game like we're playing Indiana at home. Maximum effort.....focused....if we play like we did against McKendree....we lose.

Thanks
    historically we haven't done well on these long west coast trips, we did beat Utah State, but other west coast games that come to mind recently are Boise State, Wyoming, UCLA.......we were blown out in all those games. If Lansing expects fans to come out to watch this team play then he'd better figure out a way to win this game. If not then we're no different than we've been the past 8 years or whatever it's been.

We had a big early season win Saturday, granted it wasn't IU or Butler, but it was a win that noone expected us to win. So let's see if there will be better days ahead or if it's just gonna be the same ol' same ol'....

Thanks
    Does anyone know what the travel arrangements for this game are? If they are close to being fly west and eat on the pale, shoot aground, pregame meal, game, fly home and eat on the plane.
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Starter
    Thanks
    Let's not make No Way Jose State this years North Texas.

I think we should win this game, but in all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised if SJSU somehow won. I think they are better this year than they were last year (it would be hard to be worse). They only lost to CSU-B by one and they are usually pretty good.
    Last edited by Sycamorefan96; 11-27-2018 at 12:42 AM.
    Invite NDSU and SDSU to the MVC for all sports!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 3,115 Posts
    Sycamores by 17.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    Sycamores by 17.
    Agreed.
    NO EXCUSES

Supporting Member SycamoreStateofMind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,835 Posts
    I agree we've really got to win this sort of game if these team is going to be taken seriously - this is the type of game you just need to go out and win and prove that you're the better team and that the WKU game wasn't pretend.

That said - if we play like dog shit I'm not going to freak out and declare depression. This team is still going to have some bumps in the road along the way. The good news is - it's a long road.

Sycamores 67
    Califonication 59
    Roll Timber!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreStateofMind For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 Times in 744 Posts

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreStateofMind View Post
    I agree we've really got to win this sort of game if these team is going to be taken seriously - this is the type of game you just need to go out and win and prove that you're the better team and that the WKU game wasn't pretend.

That said - if we play like dog shit I'm not going to freak out and declare depression. This team is still going to have some bumps in the road along the way. The good news is - it's a long road.

Sycamores 67
    Califonication 59
    That is pretty much my thoughts on it as well..Just to be difficult i'll go 66-59 Trees. They have some inside guys with some size that have put up decent numbers so far so another good game from the C spot is needed.